Perfect for the studio*
- Professional hi-fi stereo studio headphones
- Self-adjusting headband for optimum fit
- Patented Varimotion speakers
- High ambient noise attenuation
- For broadcast and DJ use
- Rugged construction for tough handling
- Leatherette ear pads and additional velvet ear pads
- Single-sided, detachable 3 m cable and additional 5 m coiled cable
The newly designed K 171 MK II combines the benefits of a closed-back design with the lightweight and comfort of supra-aural headphones.
The K 171 MK II is an excellent choice for DJ and broadcast applications where no sound can bleed from the headphones into live microphones.
The closed-back, loud and rugged design gives the K 171 MK II a different low-frequency character and maintains its comfort and flexibility.
- 2 velour ear pads
- EK300 headphone cable
- EK500S coiled headphone cable
AKG headphones with Varimotion speaker - The basis of superior audio performance
The heart of any headphone is the diaphragm. Made of extremely thin foil, the diaphragm is required by transducer designers to perform incredible, almost artistic feats. The rim of the diaphragm must vibrate elastically while the center portion should move like a piston. AKG achieved just that by designing the Varimotion system.
The "sound zone" in the center is thicker than the rim and therefore moves like a piston with no partial oscillations. The result is an absolutely realistic sound, with a better sonic perspective and an airier high end. The rim, or "movement zone", is thinner and vibrates more easily, providing a powerful, punchy bass range.