- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/32
- One Ultra-Low Dispersion Element
- Super Spectra Coating
- 1:1 Magnification, 30 cm Min. Focus
- Product: #1219
- SKU: EF10028LIS
Primarily designed for close-up shooting, the EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM from Canon is a versatile L-series short telephoto prime that is also well-suited for portraiture and other mid-range subjects. As a macro lens, however, this 100 mm offers a life-size, 1:1 maximum magnification and an 30 cm minimum focusing distance.
Complementing close-up shooting, an Image Stabiliser is featured that minimises camera shake by two stops at full 1:1 magnification, or up to four stops at lower magnifications for sharper handheld shooting. Also contributing to smooth and intuitive handling, a ring-type USM and internal focusing design offers quick, quiet, and accurate autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override.
In regard to its optical assets, one ultra-low dispersion element is featured, to control colour fringing and chromatic aberrations, and a Super Spectra coating has been applied to suppress flare and ghosting for improved contrast and colour fidelity. Additionally, as an L-series lens, this 100mm f/2.8 is weather-sealed for working in inclement conditions.
- Short telephoto prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 160mm equivalent focal length.
- Ideal for macro shooting, this lens offers a life-size 1:1 maximum magnification along with a minimum focusing distance of 30 cm to suit working with close-up subjects.
- One ultra-low dispersion (UD) element greatly reduces chromatic aberrations and colour fringing for improved clarity and colour accuracy.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimise ghosting and flare for greater contrast and colour neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- An Optical Image Stabiliser helps to minimise the appearance of camera shake to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds. The effectiveness of this system compensates for up to two stops of camera shake at 1:1 magnification, three stops at 1:2 magnification, and four stops at lower magnifications.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), and internal focusing design, is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Focus Limiter switch lets you constrain the focusing to three different ranges for faster focusing performance: 30 cm-49 cm, 49 cm-infinity, and the full 30 cm-infinity range.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens is sealed against dust and moisture for working in inclement environmental conditions.
- Optional rotating tripod collar is available and benefits working with the lens atop a tripod or monopod.
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor|
|Angle of View||24°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||30 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:1|
|Elements/Groups||15 / 12|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Tripod Collar||Optional Removable - rotating|
|Filter Thread||Front: 67 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 77.7 x 123 mm|
Australian Shipping Via DHL
DHL offers a great express shipping service to Australia from New Zealand. We are proud to be able to offer express shipping to main cities on the east coast of Australia, within the same timeframe ( If not quicker ) than local Australian courier companies. Prior to the Covid-19 outbreak, service standards for these main centers was overnight. However these services have been impacted greatly, and as such the overnight service has been suspended. Overnight shipping will likely resume once things have returned to normal.
Qualifying main centers include:
Whilst this service is extremely efficient and will likely be delivered within 1-2 days 99.9% of the time, it cannot be guaranteed. In the case where something were to go wrong with your delivery and it doesn’t arrive within the specified time frame, in most cases it will be delivered by the next day.
While not all major cities are eligible for overnight delivery, they still benefit from this great service. Other centers throughout Australia will have a typical delivery ETA of 2-4 days. (Excluding rural delivery address where this ETA can be extended to an additional three or more days).
If you require urgent shipping and you don’t reside in one of the cities stated above, please contact us and we can find a solution that works best for you.
Please Note: Shipping via DHL is not available to PO boxes and/ or parcel boxes etc.