Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM Lens
- EF Mount L-Series Lens
- Aperture Range: f/2.8-32
- Fluorite Optics for Sharper Images
- Three Mode Optical Image Stabilisation
- Ultrasonic Autofocus Motor
- Product: #1239
- SKU: EF30028LISII
The EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM Lens from Canon is the perfect choice for nature, wildlife and sports photographers.
Using the three mode Optical Image Stabilisation allows you to shoot at shutter speeds 4 stops slower, and the advanced third IS mode activates only when the shutter button is fully pressed, so you can pan with fast-moving subjects without the IS function interfering with composition and framing. An ultrasonic autofocus motor (USM) enables smooth, fast and quiet autofocus and a Power Focus mode allows smooth focus change which is especially important while shooting video. A focus preset function allows you to store focusing positions and return to them in an instant when needed. An AF stop button will pause autofocus with just a touch and manual focus override allows precise manual focus even in AF mode.
Image sharpness is enhanced with fluorite optics that deliver reduced chromatic aberration and SWC (SubWavelength structure Coating) reduces flare and ghosting. A circular aperture design helps to produce pleasing out of focus areas.
Dust and water sealing keeps the lens functioning even in less than ideal conditions and magnesium and titanium construction elements make it lighter than its predecessor. Fluorine coating on the front and rear lens surfaces allows dirt to be removed easily and an attachment slot is provided for a wire-type security lock. The EF 300mm f/2.8L is compatible with Canon's EF1.4x III and EF2x III extenders and this lens includes a lens hood, 52mm drop-in gelatin filter holder, a detachable tripod collar and a hard travel case.
- Fluorite optics for sharper images and less chromatic aberration.
- Lighter weight due to magnesium and titanium construction elements.
- Three IS (Image Stabilisation) modes offer a 4-stop shutter speed advantage.
- Advanced image stabilisation Mode 3 activates only when shutter button is fully pressed, allowing for panning to follow fast-moving subjects.
- Ultrasonic autofocus motor and inner focus system enable fast, smooth and silent AF action.
- Power Focus mode allows smooth focus change when shooting video.
- Focus preset allows you to establish focus points and return to them quickly when needed.
- Focusing distance range can be selected with a switch on the lens barrel. By setting a suitable focusing distance range, actual autofocus time can be shortened. The three focusing ranges are 6.6-19.7', 19.7' to infinity and Full range.
- An AF Stop Button allows you to immediately pause autofocus action with a touch of a button on the lens barrel.
- Dust and water sealing for shooting in the most challenging environments.
- Detachable lens hood, a detachable, rotatable tripod collar, drop-in gelatin filter holder and hard travel case are supplied with the 300mm f/2.8L lens.
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor
|Angle of View||8° 15'|
|Minimum Focus Distance||2 m|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:8|
|Elements/Groups||16 / 12|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Tripod Collar||Yes Removable - rotating|
|Filter Thread||Rear: 52 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 12.70 x 24.89 cm|
Australian Shipping Via DHL
DHL offers a great express shipping service to Australia from New Zealand. We are proud to be able to offer express shipping to main cities on the east coast of Australia, within the same timeframe ( If not quicker ) than local Australian courier companies. Prior to the Covid-19 outbreak, service standards for these main centers was overnight. However these services have been impacted greatly, and as such the overnight service has been suspended. Overnight shipping will likely resume once things have returned to normal.
Qualifying main centers include:
Whilst this service is extremely efficient and will likely be delivered within 1-2 days 99.9% of the time, it cannot be guaranteed. In the case where something were to go wrong with your delivery and it doesn’t arrive within the specified time frame, in most cases it will be delivered by the next day.
While not all major cities are eligible for overnight delivery, they still benefit from this great service. Other centers throughout Australia will have a typical delivery ETA of 2-4 days. (Excluding rural delivery address where this ETA can be extended to an additional three or more days).
If you require urgent shipping and you don’t reside in one of the cities stated above, please contact us and we can find a solution that works best for you.
Please Note: Shipping via DHL is not available to PO boxes and/ or parcel boxes etc.