Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM Lens
Contact us for more information
- EF-S Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 38mm (35mm Equivalent)
- One Aspherical Element
- Optimised Lens Coatings
- STM AF Motor Supports Movie Servo AF
Characterised by a truly thin profile, along with an advanced autofocus motor, the EF-S 24 mm f/2.8 STM Lens from Canon is a wide-angle prime designed for APS-C-size EOS DSLRs. Providing a 38 mm-equivalent focal length, this lens takes on a slightly wider-than-normal perspective to benefit its use in a broad variety of shooting situations. A stepping motor AF system pairs well with cameras featuring the Movie Servo AF mode, where it will deliver fast, smooth, and nearly silent focusing performance that can instantly be manually overridden at any time. When coupled with a sophisticated optical design, this slim, lightweight, and versatile lens is an ideal take-everywhere option.
One aspherical element is incorporated within the lens' construction, which helps to minimise chromatic aberrations and produce imagery with notable sharpness and clarity. Optimised lens coatings further benefit performance by reducing lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast and colour fidelity. Additionally, similar to the STM AF system, the aperture mechanism is based on a micro-stepping motor to maintain overall quietness during operation.
- Compact wide-angle prime is designed specifically for use with APS-C-sized sensors, and will provide a 35 mm-equivalent focal length of 38mm.
- An STM stepping motor is incorporated into the lens' design to provide quick, smooth, and near silent autofocus performance. Additionally, this focusing mechanism also pairs well with EOS cameras featuring the Movie Servo AF mode to enable continuous focusing performance when working in live view.
- Converse to the AF system, full-time manual focus override is possible when in One Shot AF mode for critical fine-tuning of focus placement.
- One aspherical element is incorporated within the lens' design to minimise chromatic aberrations and distortions from edge-to-edge.
- Optimised lens coatings and design help to suppress lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast and clarity.
- A micro-stepping mechanism is employed to deliver near silent aperture adjustment.
- A nearly circular seven-bladed diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out-of-focus quality when utilising selective focus techniques.
- Slim-profiled lens, measuring less than 2.54 cm-thick, is an ideal everyday lens for a wide variety of shooting applications.
Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 38 mm
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF-S|
|Format Compatibility||Canon (APS-C)|
|Angle of View||59° 10'|
|Minimum Focus Distance||16 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:3.7|
|Elements/Groups||6 / 5|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front: 52 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 68.2 x 22.8 mm|
In The Box
- Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM Lens
- E-52 II Lens Cap for 52mm Lens
- Lens Dust Cap E (Rear)
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
Reviews(no ratings yet)
Give it a quick rating:
Thanks for your rating!
Write a review
- Product: Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM Lens
- Manufacturer: Canon
- Model: 9522B002
- SKU: EFS2428ST
- RM Product #: 20055
- Zoom or Prime Lens: Prime
- Lens Type: Wide
- Lens Mount: Canon EF-S
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.8
- Focus Type: Auto Focus