(no ratings yet) Thanks for your rating!
Recording, Brass, Strings, Vocals
- Recreates the legendary C 12 tube microphone
- Nine remotely selectable polar patterns from omnidirectional to figure-eight
- Complete with many useful acces-sories and aluminum carrying case
One of the most famous tube microphones in the history of recording was the legendary AKG C 12. In spite of vast changes in microphone engineering, these microphones in good condition are still very much sought after and extremely expensive. Therefore, studio engineers vigorously demanded a rerun.
The C 12 VR is an exact replica of the original C 12, from the cap-sule sound to the original 6072A vacuum tube. The only difference is that its self noise and some components were optimized to meet the current state of the art. No less than nine remotely selectable polar patterns, the legendary large-diaphragm capsule, and an original 6072A vacuum tube provide a sound that is simply beyond words.
- Aluminum flight case
- N12VR remote power supply
- H15-T elastic suspension
- MK12V R 30 ft. (10 m) connecting cable
- W42 Foam windscreen
C 12 VR: engineering details:
The capsule is a rerun of the original 1950s CK 12 design using the latest manufacturing techniques. The result is a sound with the same characteristics of warmth, clarity, and presence.
- A remotely controlled preattenuation pad can decrease the output level (sensitivity) of the microphone by 10 dB or 20 dB.
- The original 6072A vacuum tube, selected for low noise, is the very "heart" of the microphone.
- The 1-inch dual-diaphragm capsule permits the selection of nine different polar patterns so the C 12 VR provides excellent sound in many different applications.
- The diaphragm is manufactured from a special gold-sputtered plastic foil.
- P.c. switches allow you to increase the nominal sensitivity of the microphone by 10 dB.
- The large core section of the output transformer keeps low-frequency distortion at a minimum.
- A special shock mount protects the delicate vacuum tube from rough handling.