- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/22
- One Aspherical Element
- Super Spectra Coating
- Ring-Type Ultrasonic Motor AF System
Delivering a comfortable wide-angle field of view, the EF 28mm f/1.8 USM from Canon balances a versatile perspective with a bright f/1.8 maximum aperture for controlling depth of field and working in low-light conditions. Complementing the fast and wide design, the optical design incorporates one aspherical element to help control distortion and reduce spherical aberrations in order to achieve greater sharpness and clarity. A Super Spectra coating has also been applied to minimise surface reflection, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast when working in strong lighting. Additionally, this lens sports a ring-type USM for quick and quiet autofocus performance and full-time manual focus override.
- Wide-angle prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 44.8mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light and affords control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques.
- One aspherical element limits distortion and spherical aberration in order to realise greater sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimise ghosting and flare for greater contrast and colour neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM) is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor|
|Angle of View||75°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||25 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:5.5|
|Elements/Groups||10 / 9|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front: 58 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 73.6 x 55.6 mm|