Designed for the photographer who wants to carry only one wide-angle lens, when travelling or at home, the AF Nikon 28mm f/2.8D Autofocus lens offers exceptional flexibility, from landscapes to star trails. This standard wide-angle lens has a 74° angle of coverage which will let you capture beautiful portraits, and candids. For getting in close to your subjects you can focus down to 259.1mm to capture images with a dynamic perspective.
Nikon D-type lenses transmit subject-to-camera distance information to the camera. The camera uses this distance information to refine its exposure calculations. The D-type lenses are necessary for many newer Nikon cameras to activate 3D Matrix Metering. G-type lenses also incorporate D technology.
- 52mm Filter Size
- Close Focusing Down to 9" (228.6mm)
- 74° Angle of Coverage (FX-format)
- 53° Angle of Coverage (DX-format)
- Super Integrated Lens Coating (SIC)
- Good for Portraits, Landscapes & Candids
- Lens Construction (Elements/Groups): 6/6
- Picture Angle with 35mm (135) format: 74(deg)
- Picture Angle with Nikon DX Format: 53(deg)
- Minimum f/stop 22
- Closest focusing distance: 0.25m/0.85 ft.
- Maximum reproduction ratio: 1/5.6
- Filter Attachment Size: 52mm
- Dimensions (approx.) (from the camera’s lens mounting flange): 65 x 44.5mm
- Weight (approx.): 205g
Note: AF not supported by D40, D40x, D60, D3000, D3100 & D5000 cameras
More information about Nikon Products and Lenses: (Link to Nikon Website)