(no ratings yet) Thanks for your rating!
The 14x40 StabilEyes VR Image Stabilised Binocular from Nikon offers steady viewing previously unavailable from handheld optics of this magnification. A fully multicoated optical path and phase-correction prism coating allow the StabilEyes VR binocular to transmit a bright image that is colour faithful and rich with contrast.
Nikon's Vibration Reduction (VR) system stabilises the image by adjusting the binocular's prisms inside a gimballed housing—allowing up to 5° of motion compensation on each axis. The image stabilised view improves image sharpness and can minimise eye fatigue commonly experienced during long-during observations. This configuration from Nikon's StabilEyes binocular series has two stabilisation modes; On Board mode is optimised for viewing from an unstable viewing platform such as a moving vehicle.
A 13mm eye relief and Turn-and-Slide eyecups with multiple click-stop positions can provide a comfortable viewing distance for almost any viewer. The 14x magnification and 16 ft minimum focus distance equip the 14x40 StabilEyes VR for intermediate to long-range viewing tasks. In addition to the image quality rendered by fully multicoated optics and VR system, the StabilEyes VR binocular features a nitrogen-filled housing that provides fogproof and waterproof performance.
- Magnification: 14x
- Objective lenses: 40mm diameter
- Angle of view: 4°
- Roof prisms with phase-correction
- Fully multicoated optics
- 13mm eye relief
- Degree of compensation: ±5°
- Optical image stabilisation corrects pan, tilt and roll motion
- Land Mode for viewing from a stable viewing platform
- On Board Mode for viewing from a moving vehicle
Use and Handling
- Turn-and-Slide eyecups with multiple click-stop settings
- Fingertip focus wheel located near the right eyepiece
- Auto-Off function after one minute of inactivity preserves battery life
- Up to six hours of continuous operation on four AA alkaline batteries
- Hand strap can be attached to either side of housing
- Nitrogen-filled for fogproof and waterproof performance
- Operating temperature: 14 to 122°F
- Weight: 2.9 lb
|Objective Lens Diameter||40mm|
|Angle of View||4.0° (actual)|
|Field-of-View||211' @ 1000 yd / 70.05 m @ 1000 m|
|Minimum Focus Distance||16.40' / 5 m|
|Exit Pupil Diameter||2.9 mm|
|Eye Relief||13 mm|
|Interpupillary Adjustment||60 - 70 mm / 2.36 - 2.76"|
|Dimensions||7.32 x 5.83 x 3.39" / 18.59 x 14.81 x 8.61 cm|
|Weight||2.71 lb / 1.23 kg|