The Hoya 52mm HMC 81C Light Balancing Filter is uniform in colour and with a mired shift value of +35, can be applied to purposely create a warm cast over an entire image. This effect can be obtained under daylight when this filter is used on a film camera system with daylight film installed, or on a digital camera system with its daylight white balance setting selected. The Hoya 52mm HMC 81C Light Balancing Filter is also useful for balancing light sources with a colour temperature of 3600K for type B tungsten film, which is designed to accurately reproduce colours under 3200K light sources.
The greater the difference between the colour temperatures they are designed to correct for over 3200K, light balancing filters for type B tungsten film are considered to be progressively stronger in their effect when used to add warmth to a daylight image.
This filter is constructed from optical glass for increased clarity and colour fidelity. Its aluminium-alloy filter ring is durable while remaining lightweight. To prevent internal ghosting and reflections, each glass surface includes three layers of anti-reflection coating. These coatings also offer greater protection to the filter substrate and help it to stay clean for longer than with uncoated filters.
When used, the Hoya 52mm HMC 81C Light Balancing Filter's 0.15 density darkens the entire image by 0.5 stops. This reduction in exposure can be compensated for by adjusting the aperture setting of the lens it is placed on, or the shutter speed of the camera being used.
- Can add a warming cast to an entire image under daylight when used on a film camera system with daylight film installed, or on a digital camera system with its daylight white balance setting selected
- Provides a mired shift value of +35
- Reduces 3600K colour temperature to 3200K
- Allows type B tungsten film to accurately reproduce colours under 3600K light sources
- Three layers of multi-coating on each side to prevent internal ghosting and reflections
- Constructed from optical glass for clarity and colour fidelity
- 0.15 density filter with 1.4x filter factor darkens the image by 0.5 stops
- Filter density can be compensated for by adjusting lens aperture or camera shutter speed
- Aluminium-alloy filter ring is durable while remaining lightweight
- Plastic filter case for storage and transport
|Filter Factor||1.4x (0.5 stop)|
|Effect||Adds warmth to entire image when used under daylight on a film camera system with daylight film installed, or on a digital camera system with its daylight white balance setting selected
Can be used with type B tungsten film to accurately reproduce colour under 3600K light sources
|Colour Temperature||3600K to 3200K|
|Front Filter Thread Size||52 mm|
|Front Lens Cap Size||52 mm|
|Package Weight||0.05 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||3.386 x 2.835 x 0.315"|