(no ratings yet) Thanks for your rating!
The Hoya 67mm HD3 Circular Polariser Filter helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarised due to reflection from a non-metallic surface. The light from the sun naturally becomes partially polarised due to reflecting off electrons in air molecules, causing the light to scatter into what appears as haze. A polarising filter arranges, and filters, this directionally polarised light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of this light. This results in a noticeable reduction of glare and reflections from non-metallic surfaces and an increase in the saturation of skies and foliage.
A circular polariser only differs from a linear polariser in that it contains a quarter wave plane in addition to the linear polarising filter. The addition of this quarter wave plane is to circularly polarise the linearly polarised light for the use of auto focus and exposure functions. Due to how the light is broken down and filtered with a linear polariser, auto focus and exposure accuracy become skewed during use. When the light becomes circularly polarised, it permits the use of these functions.
While providing over 92% light transmission, 8 layers of anti-reflection nano coatings on each side, for a total of 16 layers, are applied to the Hoya 67mm HD3 Circular Polariser Filter. These coatings offer a high degree of protection to the filter substrate and help it to stay clean for longer than uncoated filters. The nano coating formula associated with HD3 Circular Polariser filters results in an improved beading effect when in contact with water for greater cleaning efficiency and is also effective with regard to oil and stains while also helping to prevent scratches.
- Helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarised due to reflection from a non-metallic surface.
- Polarising filters arrange, and filter, directionally polarised light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of the light.
- Clears up haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colours.
- Strongest effect when used at a 90° angle from the sun.
- Circular polarisers are ideal for use with digital cameras and autofocus lenses where a linear polariser will often disrupt auto exposure and focus features.
- 8-layer nano multicoated on each side, for a total of 16 layers, provide an improved beading effect with water for more efficient cleaning that is also effective with regard to oil and stains while helping to prevent scratches.
- Approximately 92% average light transmission.
- Constructed from optical glass for clarity and colour fidelity.
- 1.25x filter factor reduces exposure by 0.3 stops.
- Thin and durable aluminium-alloy filter ring minimises the potential for vignetting when used with wide-angle lenses.
- Plastic filter case for storage and transport.
|Filter Type||Circular Polariser|
|Filter Factor||1.25 (0.3 Stop)|
|Circular Size||67 mm|
|Front Accessory Thread / Bayonet||67 mm|
|Package Weight||0.15 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||4.3 x 3.6 x 0.5"|