Metabones Speed Booster XL 0.64x Adapter for Canon EF-Mount Lens to Micro Four Thirds-Mount CamerasProduct #26836 | SKU MB_SPEF-M43-BT3
- Canon EF Lens to Micro 4/3 Body
- Full-Frame Lens to Micro 4/3 Camera Body
- Supports In-Camera Aperture Control
- 0.64x Micro 4/3 Crop Factor Compensation
- 1.3-Stop Increase in Lens Apertures
The Speed Booster XL 0.64x Adapter for Full-Frame Canon EF-Mount Lens to Select Micro Four Thirds-Mount Cameras from Metabones allows a full-frame Canon EF-mount lens to be mounted onto a Micro Four Thirds-mount camera. While doing so, the adapter's optics help to maximise the connected lens's apparent angle of view while providing a 1.3-stop increase for the camera over the lens's aperture range.
If a lens intended for 35 mm film or similarly-sized "full frame" camera sensors is connected to a camera with a Micro Four Thirds-sized sensor, it would project an image larger than the Micro Four Thirds sensor was built to accept. Able to capture only the centre portion of the projected image, the effective angle of view of the lens would be narrowed, creating an in-camera "crop factor". The T Speed Booster XL 0.64x Adapter for Full-Frame Canon EF-Mount Lens to Select Micro Four Thirds-Mount Cameras condenses the light from a lens designed for 35 mm film or "full frame" camera sensors and projects it onto a Micro Four Thirds sensor. This allows a Micro Four Thirds sensor to utilise more of the light gathered by a connected lens, which effectively reduces the crop factor while making available to the sensor an additional 1.3 stops of light for each of the lens's f/stop settings.
This adapter is constructed from aluminium alloy for durability while minimising weight and its mounting rings are made with brass to further prevent wear-and-tear. Inside are six lens elements in four groups that are designed to provide optical clarity as well as colour fidelity, and a detachable tripod foot is included that features 3/8" threads as well as compatibility with Arca-Swiss tripod heads.
The T Speed Booster XL 0.64x Adapter for Full-Frame Canon EF-Mount Lens to Select Micro Four Thirds-Mount Cameras supports electronic communication between an attached camera and lens. If the lens includes autofocus, image stabilisation, as well as camera-controlled aperture functions, this adapter is intended to allow those features to be used. Also, if an attached lens is capable of generating EXIF metadata when used with a directly compatible camera, the T Speed Booster XL 0.64x Adapter for Full-Frame Canon EF-Mount Lens to Select Micro Four Thirds-Mount Cameras is designed to allow that information to be saved along with image files generated with a combination of the lens, a compatible Micro Four Thirds-mount camera, and the adapter.
This adapter can be mounted onto the Panasonic DMC-GH4, GH3, G3, G5, G6, G10, GF3, GF5, GF6, and GX1 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Cameras; the Olympus PEN E-PL7 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera; the Blackmagic Cinema Camera with Micro Four Thirds mount; and the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera.
- Allows a full-frame Canon EF-mount lens to be used with a Micro Four Thirds-mount camera
- Maximises apparent angle of view of combined camera and lens
- Provides a 1.3-stop increase for the camera over the lens's aperture range
- Integrated jog dial for incremental aperture adjustment and push-button access to lens's widest aperture setting when used with a compatible Panasonic camera
- Six lens elements in four groups for optical clarity as well as colour fidelity
- Supports electronic communication between camera and lens to enable autofocus, image stabilisation, on-camera aperture control, and EXIF metadata generation when possible
- Internal coating minimises reflections within the adapter barrel
- Detachable, Arca-Swiss compatible tripod foot with 3/8" threads
- Aluminium alloy components for weight reduction
- Brass mounting rings prevent wear-and-tear
- Locking mechanism for secure attachment of lens with push-button release
|Camera Mount||Micro Four Thirds|
|Lens Mount||Canon EF|
|Optical Design||6 Elements in 4 Groups|
|Dimensions||ø: 2.6 x D: 0.9" / ø: 6.5 x D: 2.4 cm|