Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 Lens for Nikon FProduct #46467 | SKU TAA032NIK
- F-Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Two XR Elements, Three LD Elements
- Four Aspherical Elements
- eBAND, BBAR, and Fluorine Coatings
Characterised by apt focusing speed and image stabilisation, the Nikon F-mount SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 from Tamron is a revised fast standard zoom covering a versatile wide-angle to portrait-length range. A sophisticated optical design with two extra refractive elements, three low dispersion elements, three glass-moulded aspherical elements, and one hybrid aspherical element helps to suppress aberrations and distortion throughout the zoom range while eBAND and BBAR coatings have been applied to individual elements to control lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and colour fidelity. Balancing its optical attributes, this lens also utilises a USM autofocus motor to deliver notably quick, quiet, and precise focusing performance that suits both stills and video applications. Also, 5-stop-effective Vibration Compensation helps to minimise the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting in difficult lighting conditions. Additionally, the lens is moisture-resistant and has a fluorine coating on the front element to enable its use in trying environmental conditions.
- Standard zoom is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with DX models where it provides a 36-105mm equivalent focal length range.
- Bright f/2.8 constant maximum aperture affords consistent brightness throughout the zoom range, and benefits working in difficult lighting conditions.
- Two XR (extra refractive) and three LD (low dispersion) elements are featured in the optical design to noticeably limit colour fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity, colour fidelity, and apparent sharpness.
- Three glass-moulded aspherical elements and one hybrid aspherical element help to reduce chromatic aberrations and distortion throughout the zoom range to deliver notable sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Both eBAND and BBAR coatings have been applied to suppress ghosting and lens flare for improved contrast when working in backlit conditions.
- VC image stabilisation helps to minimise the appearance of camera shake by up to 5 stops or more effective handheld shooting in difficult lighting conditions. Separate VC modes are also available to suit various styles of shooting: Mode 1 is a balanced setting for general use, and promotes both a stabilised viewfinder image and stabilised results, while Mode 2 is designed exclusively for panning movements.
- An Ultrasonic Silent Drive autofocus motor delivers quick and precise focusing performance to suit working with moving subjects. This motor also affords full-time manual focus control, and it is possible to focus on subjects as close as 38.10 cm away.
- A moisture-resistant construction benefits this lens' use in inclement conditions, and a fluorine coating has also been applied to the front lens element to protect against dust, dirt, and smearing.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Compatible with optional TAP-in Console for fine-tuning select focusing adjustments and for updating lens firmware.
|Focal Length||24 - 70mm|
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
|Format Compatibility||Nikon FX/35mm Film|
|Angle of View||84° 4' - 34° 21'|
|Minimum Focus Distance||38.10 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:5|
|Optical Design||17 Elements in 12 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front: 82 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 88.4 x 109.2 mm|
$150 CASH BACK
When you buy a Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 Lens for Nikon F
Cash Back redeemable at Tamron Cash Back. Promotion valid until 31st October 2018
In The Box
- Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 Lens for Nikon F
- 82mm Snap-On Lens Cap
- SP Rear Lens Cap for Nikon F-Mount Lenses
- Lens Hood