(no ratings yet) Thanks for your rating!
Celestron CPC Deluxe 1100 HD Computerized TelescopeProduct #26309 | SKU 11009 |(no ratings yet) Thanks for your rating!
The CPC Deluxe 1100 HD Computerised Telescope from Celestron is the largest aperture of the CPC Deluxe HD series. Also featuring the same EdgeHD Schmidt-Cassegrain optical system, the CPC Deluxe 1100 HD has close to 90% more light gathering power that the 8" model and over 40% more than the 9.25" model. This compound, or catadioptric, light-path employs a combination of mirrors and lenses that offer a large high-resolution aperture, a shorter tube length, and enhanced portability. This telescope has a 11.0" aperture, a focal length of 2800mm, and an f/10 focal ratio. The EdgeHD optics delivers pinpoint, aberration-free images even with the widest field eyepiece. These optics are designed to produce an extremely flat focal plane precise enough to match the strict tolerances of large commercial CCD detectors, allowing all stars to be in tight focus to the very edge of the chip. Mirror tension locks hold the primary mirror in place and reduce image shift. There are cooling vents to allow hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror. There is FASTAR compatibility for fast f/2 CCD imaging.
The optical path consists of a zero power corrector plate, a spherical primary mirror, and a secondary mirror along with a set of field flattening lenses integrated into the baffle tube. The resulting imaging plane is 3 times flatter than the field produced by a standard SCT telescope.
The StarBright XLT coatings are designed to produce fairly flat reflectivity across the spectrum, optimised for both CCD imaging and visual use. This high performance optical system utilises multi-layer, anti-reflective coatings and high transmission Water White glass for the corrector lens.
The OTA comes with a very useful 9x50 finderscope fitted to its exterior. Due to its wider field of view, this ancillary optic can offer assistance in locating objects to view with the main scope.
Normal image orientation for the EdgeHD design is upside-down and reversed. The 2" diagonal inverts this image so it is right-side-up, but reversed. This diagonal directly accepts 2" eyepieces and comes with a 1.25" adapter. It is packaged with a 23mm, 82° Luminos eyepiece.
The dual fork arm mount is fully computerised with a database of over 40,000+ celestial objects, user definable filter limits and a "Solar System Align" that allows alignment on the Sun or Moon for daytime observing. The dual fork arm mount is a sturdy and reliable mount with a heavy-duty tripod featuring sturdy 2" stainless steel legs and an accessory tray. The software-assisted All-Star polar alignment feature allows the viewer to choose any bright star for alignment of the mount's polar axis, even if the North Star isn't visible. Large hand-knobs offer easy altitude and azimuth adjustments. A convenient remote hand controller allows you to view information hands-free. The NexStar programme's advanced pointing feature further improves the pointing accuracy. Additionally, extended meridian tracking will track continuously through the Meridian.
The internal GPS receiver automatically downloads the date and time from orbiting satellites and pinpoints the telescopes exact terrestrial location. The need to manually enter the date, time, longitude and latitude with possible human-error is eliminated. SkyAlign extends the positioning to provide pinpoint accuracy with the hand controller.
The All-Star polar alignment procedure, with Celestron's optional Pro Wedge, allows the choice of any bright star and the software then calculates and assists with polar alignment for more precise accuracy. NexRemote allows control of the computerised telescope from a personal computer. Everything that is usually done with the telescope's hand control can be done remotely from a PC or laptop. Software can be kept current with downloadable flash upgrades via the Internet.
A re-engineered drive train with a larger 6", 180 tooth brass gear, a .75" stainless steel worm gear, together with a unique steel and nylon roller bearing, rotating around a wide 9.8 track furnishes very smooth tracking accuracy indeed. The Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PEC) allows users to train out the worm gears periodic errors, while the mount retains the PEC recordings - a welcome enhancement for astronomical imagers. Redesigned electronics delivers constantly regulated power to the telescope even when not perfectly balanced giving it the capability of smooth tracking motion and pin- point accuracy.
- Aperture: 11"
- Magnification: 122 x
- High quality SCHOTT glass
- Focal Length: 2800" / Focal Ratio: f/10
- 23 mm, 82° AFOV Luminos Eyepiece - 2"
- EdgeHD Schmidt-Cassegrain system for aberration-free imaging
- Premium StarBright XLT coatings for enhanced light transmission
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude of 14.7 and a Light Gathering Power of 1600 x
- Aluminium tube
- Mirror support knobs reduce image shift
- Die cast aluminium leg brace / eyepiece holder
- Cord wrap software provides cord management
- Spring loaded RA worm block with enveloping brass teeth
- Filtered tube vents release hot air from behind the primary mirror
- Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control for operation of GoTo features
- Designated six-pin RJ-12 modular jack, ST-4 compatible guide port
- RS-232 port and cable for laptop/personal computer telescope control
- Ergonomic design allows comfortable lifting and re-positioning of the telescope
- Re-engineered drive train provides smoother tracking accuracy for long exposure astrophotography
- Motor drive: both axes with DC Servo motors with encoders and 0.1406 arc seconds motor resolution
- Permanent programmable Periodic Error Correction, PEC, trains out the periodic errors from the worm gears
- Redesigned electronics delivers constantly regulated power to the telescope even when not perfectly balanced giving it the capability of smooth tracking motion and pin- point accuracy
- Assists in locating objects
- All mounting hardware is included in kit
- Accepts 2.0" eyepieces directly. A 1.25" eyepiece adapter is included
- Image orientation: right-side-up, laterally reversed
Computerised Dual Fork Arm Altazimuth Mount
- Internal 16 channel Global Position System - GPS
- Hibernate function maintains its alignment over time
- Heavy duty stainless steel adjustable tripod: 2" legs, accessory tray
- Cast aluminium dual fork arm mount with detachable HC cradle and 9.8 azimuth bearing
- Autoguide port, and auxiliary ports located on the electronic plate for long exposure astrophotography.
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- "All-Star" polar alignment uses any bright star for a quick and accurate Polar alignment, even if the North Star is not visible
- NexStar technology: 40,000+ object database, expanded information on 200+ objects, 100+ user-definable objects. Custom database lists famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number
- Double line, LED backlit 16-character 19 fibre optic backlit LCD hand controller simplifies GoTo operation. NexRemote software for computerised telescope control via RS-232 port. Flash upgradeable hand control, software, and motor control units. Product updates available over the Internet. Internal cable wiring for trouble-free setup and transportation.
- Tracking rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar Tracking modes: Altazimuth, AEQ North and AEQ South Alignment procedures: SkyAlign, Auto Two-Star Alignment, Two-star Align, SolarSystem Align, AEQ North Align, AEQ South Align, One-Star Align Software precision: 24 bit, 0.08 calculations
||11" / 280 mm
||110.2" / 2800 mm
||Rayleigh: 0.5 arc/sec
Dawes: 0.41 arc/sec
|Theoretical Minimum and Maximum Magnification
|Angular Field of View
|Eyepiece Barrel Diameter
||12V DC 2.5 Amps
Car battery adapter included
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction
||3.75" / 95.25 mm
By Area: 11.6%
By Diameter: 34%
|Optical Tube Dimensions
||Length: 23" / 584.2 mm
||Telescope: 65 lb (29.5 kg)
Tripod: 19 lb (8.6 kg)