The Celestron Travel Scope is a quality, easy-to-use medium refractor for use on the go. Its 2.8" objective lens is sufficient for very pleasant use as a spotting scope, and it is combined with a 45° erect image diagonal which is well suited to that purpose. The Travel Scope's also practical as an astronomical scope for lunar, planetary, and wide star field viewing-as a 400mm f/5.7 refractor design, each of these pursuits will be quite pleasurable.
Celestron includes a pair of 50° apparent field 1.25" eyepieces, but you can of course use any 1.25" eyepiece you like. Add an optional 90° star diagonal for high-overhead viewing, or a straight through erecting porro prism for terrestrial viewing from elevated positions.
A 5x24 finderscope with quick-release bracket and full-size pan/tilt tripod round out the Travel Scope package, and the whole assembly fits into a dedicated backpack Celestron designed for simple storage and packing.
- Bright, light 2.8" refractor scope with a 45° erect image diagonal
- Suitable for both terrestrial and astronomical use
- Lens is well shaded for dew resistance and increased contrast in daylight viewing
- Rack and pinion 1.25" focuser
- Included pan/tilt tripod suitable for use with scope at lower to medium powers
- Detachable 5x24 finderscope
- Includes dedicated backpack for easy storing and travelling
|Optical Lens Diameter
||2.8" ( 70mm )
|Maximum Useful Magnification
|Optical Tube Dimensions
||Not Specified by Manufacturer
|Eyepiece Barrel Diameter
||3.3 lbs ( 1.50kg )