- Convert Between Two Digital Formats
- Provides Highly Efficient Jitter Reduction
- Internal Jumper
- Twenty-four LEDs Display Signal Status
- SyncCheck Technology
RME's ADI-4 DD is a highly cost-efficient AES to ADAT and ADAT to AES converter. The device basically consists of two convertors - four AES-3 inputs (eight-channels) to double ADAT outputs and double ADAT inputs to four AES-3 outputs. Features include support for up to 96 kHz sample rate and built-in jitter suppression.
The double ADAT ports enable full eight channel support from 32 kHz up to 96 kHz (S/MUX). The actual state of the incoming and outgoing signals and ongoing operations within the unit are easily monitored via multiple, clear LEDs. SyncCheck not only shows if an input signal is locked, but also if multiple inputs are in synchronous lock. Furthermore SyncAlign technology prevents accidental errors of +/- single-sample misalignment between the AES/EBU inputs.
The unit displays highly efficient jitter suppression that enables it to refresh and clean up any clock signal, and to provide the clock signal as reference clock at the word clock output. Additionally, Intelligent Clock Control (ICC) will maintain the last sample rate detected as valid, in case of fault and loss of input signal. The ADI-4 DD is housed in a compact single height, half-rack space enclosure.
- Convert between two digital formats
- The AES output signal can be given a consumer or professional status. The first AES output (channels 1/2) is also available as optical TosLink
- Provides highly efficient jitter reduction. Any clock signal can be improved and refreshed and subsequently be used as reference clock at the word clock output
- If more than eight channels are required, several units can be cascaded and synchronised sample-accurately via word clock
- An internal jumper allows for simple change of pin-out configuration for the AES 25-pin D-sub connector
- AES/EBU front-end for RME's digital I/O-cards that have ADAT optical I/O
- Eight-channel AES and ADAT I/O for all digital mixing desks with ADAT or AES ports
- Allows for operation of up to four seperate stereo S/PDIF or AES devices
- Converts between AES-3, S/PDIF and S/PDIF optical
- Removes jitter from AES-3 and ADAT signals
- Twenty-four LEDs clearly display the current status of the incoming and outgoing signals and the processing performed within the unit
- SyncCheck technology indicates whether the input signal is locked and whether all inputs are sychronized
|Sample Rates||Internal: 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96 kHz
External: Accepts between 27 kHz and 105 kHz depending on clock source master
|Digital Input||1 x 25-pin D-sub four-pair AES/EBU (shared with output)
1 x XLR AES/EBU
2 x ADAT TosLink optical
|Digital Output||1 x 25-pin D-sub four-pair AES/EBU (shared with input)
1 x XLR AES/EBU
2 x ADAT TosLink optical
|Word Clock||1 x BNC input
1 x BNC output
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||8 1/2" x 4" x 1 3/4"|
|Specialities||All settings are stored at power-off|
Australian Shipping Via DHL
DHL offers a great express shipping service to Australia from New Zealand. We are proud to be able to offer express shipping to main cities on the east coast of Australia, within the same timeframe ( If not quicker ) than local Australian courier companies. Prior to the Covid-19 outbreak, service standards for these main centers was overnight. However these services have been impacted greatly, and as such the overnight service has been suspended. Overnight shipping will likely resume once things have returned to normal.
Qualifying main centers include:
Whilst this service is extremely efficient and will likely be delivered within 1-2 days 99.9% of the time, it cannot be guaranteed. In the case where something were to go wrong with your delivery and it doesn’t arrive within the specified time frame, in most cases it will be delivered by the next day.
While not all major cities are eligible for overnight delivery, they still benefit from this great service. Other centers throughout Australia will have a typical delivery ETA of 2-4 days. (Excluding rural delivery address where this ETA can be extended to an additional three or more days).
If you require urgent shipping and you don’t reside in one of the cities stated above, please contact us and we can find a solution that works best for you.
Please Note: Shipping via DHL is not available to PO boxes and/ or parcel boxes etc.
In The Box
- RME ADI-4 DD - 8 Channel, 24 Bit/96kHz Digital Interface and Dual Format Converter
- External Power Supply
Reviews(no ratings yet)
Give it a quick rating:
Thanks for your rating!
Write a review
- Product: RME ADI-4 DD - 8 Channel, 24 Bit/96kHz Digital Interface and Dual Format Converter
- Manufacturer: RME
- Model: ADI-4 DD
- SKU: ADI4DD
- RM Product #: 21968
- Warranty: 2 year manufacturer warranty