Shure AD2/KSM9B Digital Handheld Wireless Microphone Transmitter with KSM9 Capsule
- For Axient Digital Systems.
- KSM9 Condenser Cardioid/Supercardioid.
- Automatic Gain Adjustment.
- 2/10/35mW RF Output Power.
- Mute Mode, Backlit LCD.
- Product: #65802
- SKU: AD2-KSM9B
The black Shure AD2/KSM9B Digital Handheld Wireless Microphone Transmitter with KSM9 Capsule is a digital handheld wireless microphone transmitter compatible with Axient Digital series receivers.
The AD2/KSM9B comes equipped with a dual-diaphragm KSM9 condenser capsule that captures sonic nuances with superior detail delivering precise vocal reproduction for high-end live performances. The KSM9 capsule offers two switchable polar patterns to provide FOH engineers with more choices in dealing with varying environments or the microphone techniques of different performers. The cardioid pattern offers solid gain before feedback, with minimal off-axis colouration, for a warm, full sound. The supercardioid pattern offers increased sound isolation and gain before feedback; an ideal choice for applications where there are high levels of ambient noise, or where multiple instruments or vocalists are close together.
The transmitter operates in a single 146 MHz ultrawide UHF bandwidth with selectable 2/10/35mW RF output power and a transmission range up to 330'. It provides up to 8 hours of operation on two AA batteries and up to 9 hours with an SB900A lithium-ion rechargeable battery (available separately).
With a durable, moisture-resistant, lightweight aluminium case, the AD2/KSM9B transmitter delivers pristine audio quality and RF performance, AES 256-bit encryption for secure transmission, and advanced rechargeability options, making it ideal for high-profile, sound-reinforcement applications.
Interchangeable Design with KSM9 Capsule
- The KSM9 capsule with dual 3/4” gold-layered, low-mass Mylar diaphragms provides a consistent frequency response.
- The mic features a Class-A, discrete transformerless preamplifier for transparency, extremely fast transient response, and no crossover distortion.
- The integrated three-stage "pop" protection grille reduces plosives, wind, and other breath noise.
- The interchangeable capsule design allows you to replace the KSM9 capsule with a Shure capsule that’s ideal for your application and simply screw it onto the transmitter—including KSM8, SM58, Beta 58A, Beta 87A, Beta 87C capsules, and more..
User-Friendly Features in a Rugged Housing
- The unit quickly syncs with a wireless receiver via infrared at the touch of a button.
- Automatic Gain adjusts the mic input level for you.
- The power button conveniently doubles as mute switch, while preserving RF lock.
- Frequency and power lockout functions prevent accidental or unauthorised changes during events.
- A backlit LCD with easy-to-navigate menu and controls lets you quickly access frequency, group, and channel settings, along with mute and lock status, RF output, and remaining battery life.
- Offset function lets you balance mic levels when assigning multiple transmitters to a single receiver slot. Adjustment range: -12 to +21 dB.
- 2/10/35mW selectable RF output power allows you to increase either the transmitter's range or the number of mics operating simultaneously.
- Two transmission modes: Standard for optimal coverage and High-Density for maximum system channel count and robust coverage.
Convenient Power Management Options
- Optional SB900A rechargeable battery offers intelligent power management with precision metering in hours and minutes, and zero memory effect.
- External charging contacts allow for docked battery charging.
- SBC220 two-bay and SBC840 eight-bay networked chargers (both available separately) allow for remote power monitoring via Shure’s Wireless Workbench software.
|Wireless Transmission||Digital UHF|
|RF Frequency Band||417 to 616 MHz|
|RF Bandwidth||146 MHz|
|Frequency Step Size||25 kHz|
|Max Operating Range||328.1' / 100 m (Line of Sight)|
|Latency||2 to 2.9 ms (Selectable)|
|RF Output Power||2 / 10 / 35 mW|
|Audio Input Level||145 dB|
|Gain Range||-12 to +21 dB (3 dB Steps)|
|Antenna||1 x Internal Single-Band Helical (Handheld)|
|Battery Type||2 x AA (Included)
1 x Shure SB900A (Not Included, Replaceable)
|Approx. Battery Life||Moed.:
8 Hours (Alkaline)
9 Hours (Lithium Shure SB900A)
|Display & Indicators||1 x LCD (Battery Status, Channel, Group, Signal Strength)|
|Operating Temperature||0 to 122°F / -17 to 50°C|
|Storage Temperature||-20 to 165°F / -28 to 73°C|
|Dimensions||2 x 10.1" / 51 x 256 mm|
|Weight||12 oz / 340 g (without Batteries)|
|Form Factor||Handheld Capsule|
|Polar Pattern||Cardioid, Supercardioid|
|Frequency Range||50 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Maximum SPL||152 dB SPL|
|Sensitivity||-51 dBV/Pa at 1 kHz|
Australian Shipping Via DHL
DHL now offer a great express shipping service to Australia from New Zealand. We are proud to be able to offer overnight shipping to main cities on the east coast of Australia. These main centers include:
Whilst this service is extremely efficient and will be delivered overnight 99.9% of the time, it cannot be guaranteed. In the case where something were to go wrong with your delivery and it did not arrive overnight, it will most likely be delivered by the next day.
While not all major cities are eligible for overnight delivery, they still benefit from this great service. Other centers throughout Australia will have a typical delivery ETA of 2-4 days. (Excluding rural delivery address where this ETA can be extended to an additional three or more days).
If you require urgent shipping and you don’t reside in one of the cities stated above, please contact us and we can find a solution that works best for you.
Please Note: Shipping via DHL is not available to PO boxes and/ or parcelboxes etc.