Shure GLXD4R Advanced Digital Wireless Receiver (2.4 GHz)
- For Small Venues and Conference Rooms.
- Single-Channel, 1/2 Rackspace.
- True-Diversity Reception.
- Removable Antennas.
- Integrated Battery Charging Station.
- Product: #65971
- SKU: GLXD4R
The Shure GLXD4R Advanced Digital Wireless Receiver (2.4 GHz) is a GLX-D Advanced Series digital wireless receiver housed in a rugged, metal half-rack chassis with two removable antennas. Compatible with the GLXD1 bodypack and GLXD2 handheld transmitters, it is well suited for rackmounting in portable flight cases or for permanent installations in educational facilities, conference rooms, small to mid-sized venues, houses of worship, and broadcast studios.
GLX-D Advanced systems allow you to run up to 8 mics simultaneously in the same space. When used with the optional UA846Z2 frequency manager (available separately), up to 11 mics can operate simultaneously with improved RF reliability compared to standard GLX-D systems—ideal for installations with multiple wireless systems.
The GLXD4R delivers digital audio clarity with natural vocal reproduction to presenters, vocalists, clergy, lecturers, and performers. It combines reliable wireless performance with automatic frequency management and intelligent battery rechargeability in a system that is simple to operate, and ready to go at the push of a button.
Digital Audio Clarity for Vocal and Speech Applications
- GLX-D Advanced systems deliver digital audio with a flat, 20 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response and 120 dB of dynamic range, leaving the sound of your mic unaffected by the wireless components.
Fast to Set Up and Simple to Operate
- Upon powering up, the receiver automatically searches for the cleanest available frequency, avoiding time-consuming frequency setup.
- Press one button on the receiver and one on the transmitter, and the system is ready to operate.
- If RF interference occurs, the receiver and transmitter automatically jump to a new clear frequency, with no interruption of the audio signal.
- The transmitter's gain can be wirelessly adjusted right from the receiver's front panel to optimise the audio signal.
- The front-panel high-resolution LCD screen displays the transmitter's battery life in hours and minutes with an accuracy within ±15 minutes.
- Automatic transmitter power-off function conserves battery life when transmitter is not in use.
- The back panel houses 1/4" and XLR outputs for connectivity to PA systems and mixing boards.
- The receiver comes with rackmounting hardware, making it easy to instal it in a single rackspace with the antennas facing the front for better reception.
Solid Wireless Reliability with More Channels
True Digital Diversity Reception and 2.4 GHz Frequency Spectrum
True digital diversity means two antennas and two independent receiver modules work together to reduce RF signal dropouts.
The GLX-D Advanced operates in the globally unlicensed 2.4 GHz spectrum, free from TV-channel interference (for optimal results, use of the system is recommended in environments with limited Wi-Fi traffic). Optional UA846Z2 Frequency Manager
If you need to expand your system with more microphones, the UA846Z2 frequency manager (available separately) allows you to connect up to six GLXD4R receivers—improving RF reliability, distributing power to the receivers, and functioning as an antenna distribution system.
Connect a second UA846Z2 if you need more than six receivers, for up to nine channels in typical conditions and up to 11 channels in optimal conditions.
The UA846Z2 frequency manager constantly scans the RF spectrum and stores clean backup frequencies to avoid audio interruptions during a performance. Optional Remote-Mounted Antennas
Adding two PA805Z2-RSMA remote-mountable passive directional antennas (available separately) increases the range of your system and offers increased protection against interference.
Intelligent Battery Rechargeability for Uninterrupted Performance
- The receiver's internal charging bay (located on the front panel) allows you to recharge the transmitter's SB902 lithium-ion battery—the battery provides up to 16 hours of continuous use on a full charge.
- The charging bay can also be used to recharge a spare battery while the transmitter is in use.
- Just a 15-minute quick charge provides 1.5 hours of use.
|Wireless Transmission||Digital 2.4 GHz|
|Diversity||True Digital Diversity|
|Max Operating Range||200' / 61 m (Line of Sight)|
|Max Systems per Setup||8|
|Latency||4 to 7.3 ms|
|Mounting Options||Rackmount (with Included Hardware)|
|Rackmount Size||1 RU (1/2 Rack)|
|Antenna||2 x 1/2 Wave Sleeve Dipole, Detachable (Rear-Mount)|
|Number of Audio Channels||1|
|Audio I/O||1 x XLR 3-Pin Male Balanced Output
1 x 1/4" TRS Female Balanced/Unbalanced Output
|Gain Range||-18 to +42 dB (1 dB Steps)|
|Audio Output Level||XLR Output:
+18 dBV (Line Level)
-12 dBV (Mic Level)
|Phantom Power Protection||On 1/4", XLR Outputs|
|Frequency Response||20 Hz to 20 kHz (Dependant on Mic)|
100 Ohms (Balanced)
100 Ohms (Balanced)
50 Ohms (Unbalanced)
|Approximate RF Sensitivity||-88 dBm|
|RF Output Power||10 mW (EIRP)|
|Spurious||Rejection: >35 dB|
|Power Requirements||AC/DC Power Adapter|
|AC/DC Power Adapter||14 to 18 VDC at 550 mA, Centre-Positive (Included)|
|AC Input Power||100 to 240 VAC, 50 / 60 Hz|
|Display & Indicators||1 x Back-Lit LCD (AF Level, Channel, Frequency, Group, Transmitter Battery Status)|
|Dimensions||7.8 x 1.7 x 6.4" / 197 x 42 x 163 mm|
|Weight||32 oz / 907 g|
Australian Shipping Via DHL
DHL now offer a great express shipping service to Australia from New Zealand. We are proud to be able to offer overnight shipping to main cities on the east coast of Australia. These main centers include:
Whilst this service is extremely efficient and will be delivered overnight 99.9% of the time, it cannot be guaranteed. In the case where something were to go wrong with your delivery and it did not arrive overnight, it will most likely be delivered by the next day.
While not all major cities are eligible for overnight delivery, they still benefit from this great service. Other centers throughout Australia will have a typical delivery ETA of 2-4 days. (Excluding rural delivery address where this ETA can be extended to an additional three or more days).
If you require urgent shipping and you don’t reside in one of the cities stated above, please contact us and we can find a solution that works best for you.
Please Note: Shipping via DHL is not available to PO boxes and/ or parcelboxes etc.