Blackmagic Design OpenGear Converter - SDI Distribution
- Rack Mount Card SDI Convertor
- 1 Input/9 Outputs / SD/HD/2K/3G Support
- 16 Channels of Embedded Audio
- Sits on 2 Slots of 20-Slot 2RU Frames
- Hot Swappable
The Blackmagic Design OpenGear SDI Distribution Convertor is a convertor in the form of a rack mount card that's compatible with the 20-slot 2RU OpenGear racks. It sits on two slots and can share the rack with convertors made by different manufacturers. It is hot-swappable and so can be pulled out of the rack at any moment without the prerequisite of the rack first being powered off.
The SDI distribution convertor, referred to also as an SDI DA, with "DA" short for "distribution amplifier", takes one SDI input and automatically distributes up to 9 SDI outputs, with up to 3Gbps supported on both the in and outs. The convertor inputs and outputs video and 16 channels of embedded audio.
The convertor features re-clocking distribution, re-clocking the incoming signal so the output can run at the full 300' that SDI has capacity for. The cables required are 75 ohm SDI cables, which are not included.
Aside from traditional data formats, the SDI DA accepts the ASI format and can thus transfer compressed, and it also accepts ancillary data such as timecode, closed captioning, and other data that's outside of the visible raster.
- OpenGear-compatible rack mount card SDI convertor.
- Supports one SDI input and automatically distributes up to 9 SD/HD/2K/3G-SDI outputs.
- Inputs and outputs 16 channels of embedded audio.
- Sits on 2 slots of 20-slot 2RU frames and is hot-swappable.
- Can work in the same rack as convertors made by different manufacturers.
- Re-clocks distribution to output at full 300' SDI capacity.
- Accepts ASI format and supports ancillary data.
|Video Input||SDI: Switchable between SD, HD and 3 Gb/s SDI|
|Video Output||SDI: 9 outputs automatically match the SDI video input|
|Optical Fibre Compatibility||Video: None
|SDI Redundant Input||None|
|Multi-Rate Support||Auto detection of HD or standard definition inputs|
|Updates and Configuration||None|
|Format Support||NTSC, PAL, 720p, 1080i, 1080PsF, 1080p, 2K p and 2K PsF|
|Compliance||SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 372M and SMPTE 425M|
|Video Bit Rate||SDI video connections are switchable between standard definition and high definition|
|Video Sampling||4:2:2 and 4:4:4|
|Audio Sampling||Television standard sample rate of 48 kHz and 24 bit|
|Colour Precision||4:2:2 and 4:4:4|
|Colour Space||YUV and RGB|
|Auto Switching||Automatically selects between SD SDI, HD-SDI and 3 Gb/s SDI|
|Analogue Format Support||None|
|HDMI Format Support||None|