- High-Speed Thunderbolt Connectivity
- 2-In & 2-Out
- Up to 24-Bit/192kHz
- Ultra-Low Latency
- 2x Balanced XLR/TRS Inputs with 48V
- Product: #21085
- SKU: TAC-2
The Zoom TAC-2 is a compact 2-in, 2-out bus-powered Thunderbolt audio interface that allows for ultra-low latency and supports audio up to 24-bit/192kHz. It features two balanced XLR/TRS inputs with 48V phantom power, a Hi-Z input jack for electric guitars and basses and two balanced TRS outputs for connecting an amplifier or powered speakers.
The TAC-2 also features a Burr Brown PCM4202 analogue-to-digital convertor with mic preamps that provide up to +60dB of amplification. It uses the AKM AK4396 digital-to-analogue convertor to provide high-quality output to your monitors, and thanks to the Thunderbolt connectivity, provides lower latency than is possible with USB 3.0.
- Works with all Thunderbolt-equipped Macintosh computers running OS X 10.6.8 or later
- Dedicated headphone jack with independent level control
- 7-position LED metering for input, output and headphone volume
- 4x up-sampling during A/D and D/A conversion for reduced noise and enhanced fidelity
- Asynchronous transfer system unaffected by computer jitter
- Simple user interface-all operations controlled by a single rotary knob
- Bus powered--no AC power required
- Downloadable TAC-2 MixEfx software allows you to set mix parameters and add high-quality effects such as reverb and echo
- Rugged yet compact and lightweight
|Input Connectors||XLR / TRS combo jacks (XLR: 2 hot / TRS: TIP hot)|
|Input Gain||0,9 to 60 dB (3 dB step)|
|Input Impedance||3 kΩ|
|Maximum Input Level||+12 dBu (@ 0 dBFs)|
|Output Connectors||1/4" TRS phone jack (balanced)|
|Maximum Output Level||+15 dBu (@ 0 dBFs)|
|Output Impedance||100 Ω|
|Headphone Connector||1/4" stereo phone jack
20 mW + 20 mW (into 32Ω load)
|Maximum Headphone Output Level||+10 dBu (@ 0 dBFs)|
|AD/DA Conversion||Type: 4 x up-sampling
Chipset: Burr Brown PCM4202 (A/D), AKM AK4396 (D/A)
|Frequency Response||-2.0 dB: 20 Hz - 50 kHz @ 192kHz setting
-1.0 dB: 20 Hz - 34 kHz @ 96kHz setting
-0.4 dB: 20 Hz - 20 kHz @ 44.1kHz setting
|Dynamic Range||A/D: 118dB typical (IHF-A)
D/A: 120dB typical (IHF-A)
|S/N Ratio||125 dB (IHF-A) @ 60dB, 150 Ω input|
|Audio Channels||Recording: 2
|Sampling Frequency||92 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 96 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz|
|Power||Thunderbolt Bus Power|
|Dimensions||129.5 x 120.0 x 51.3 mm|
Australian Shipping Via DHL
DHL now offer a great express shipping service to Australia from New Zealand. We are proud to be able to offer overnight shipping to main cities on the east coast of Australia. These main centers include:
Whilst this service is extremely efficient and will be delivered overnight 99.9% of the time, it cannot be guaranteed. In the case where something were to go wrong with your delivery and it did not arrive overnight, it will most likely be delivered by the next day.
While not all major cities are eligible for overnight delivery, they still benefit from this great service. Other centers throughout Australia will have a typical delivery ETA of 2-4 days. (Excluding rural delivery address where this ETA can be extended to an additional three or more days).
If you require urgent shipping and you don’t reside in one of the cities stated above, please contact us and we can find a solution that works best for you.
Please Note: Shipping via DHL is not available to PO boxes and/ or parcelboxes etc.