(no ratings yet) Thanks for your rating!
Providing professional-sounding audio to your DSLR, video camera, or audio recorder, the VM-180M DSLR/Video Microphone from Polsen is a compact condenser microphone with a selectable cardioid or supercardioid polar pattern that connects to your recording device of choice with its 8" long, 3.5mm mini-plug cable. A 3.5mm microphone input provides additional flexibility and miking options while only sending one connection to your recording device.
The microphone input allows you to connect a second microphone (not included) to your set up without the need for a mixer or summing device. This additional functionality provides you with a wide range of recording options, including adding a lavalier microphone for close up recording of a subject while the VM-180M handles ambient tracking duties. With a 2 mic set up, each channel of audio is routed to a discrete channel (right or left) upon reaching your recording device.
You can easily monitor your audio via the microphone's built-in 3.5mm headphone output, so you always know exactly what is being sent to your recorder. Its integrated shockmount helps prevent the microphone from picking up handling noise, and its shoe mount with 1/4"-20 socket allows you to attach it to your camera or mount it on a boom pole. A selectable low-cut filter at 300Hz helps eliminate low rumble and wind noise that can plague many location recordings, while the selectable 10dB boost is ideal for use when trying to capture quieter subjects.
A foam windscreen is included to help eliminate wind noise from your recordings. The mic is powered by a single AA battery (included) for up to 100 hours.
Professional Quality Sound
- The VM-180M provides far superior sound than the built-in microphones of DSLR cameras, video cameras, or mobile recorders
Multiple Polar Patterns
- The cardioid polar pattern optimise the VM-180M to focus on the subject while rejecting off-axis sound, while the supercardioid polar pattern can be used for greater focus and clarity up when recording voices or dialogue up to 20 feet away
- This microphone provides and +10 dB boost for capturing quieter subjects
Low Cut Filter
- The low-cut filter minimises background noise and rumble
3.5mm Mini-Plug Connector
- The 3.5mm mini-plug provides a connection to DSLR cameras, video cameras, and audio recorders
3.5mm Input Jack
- The VM-180M features a 3.5mm input jack for attaching a second microphone or mobile device providing a wide variety of recording options
- The VM-180M features a built-in headphone jack, offering real-time monitoring of your source
Integrated Shockmount with Shoe Mount
- The integrated shock mount prevents noise caused by motion or handling from being recorded. The shoe mount allows the microphone to be attached to a DSLR camera or camcorder
1/4"-20 Threaded Socket
- The 1/4" threaded socket allows the VM-180M to be used with a boom pole
AA Battery Operation
- The VM-180M operates on a single AA battery that provides up to 100 hours of normal use
||20 Hz to 20 kHz @ 1 kHz
||Cardioid: -46 dB (0 dB = 1 V/Pa @ 1 kHz)
Supercardioid: 36 dB (0 dB = 1 V/Pa @ 1 kHz)
|Low Cut Filters
||-5 dB @ 300 Hz
||1.5 kΩ at high level
600 Ω at low level
||1x AA battery
||100 hours (normal use)
||1/8" (3.5 mm) mini plug
||1/8" (3.5 mm) mini plug
||3' (0.9 m)
|Dimensions (L x W x H)
||5.7 x 1.25 x 2.6" (144.3 x 31.7 x 66.7 mm)
||0.25 lb (113.4 g)