Blackmagic Design has become one of the world's leading innovators and manufacturers of creative video technology. With a philosophy that's refreshing and simple - to help true creativity blossom.
Launched in 2001, Blackmagic Design's founders had a long history in post-production editing and engineering. With extensive experiences in high-end telecine, film and post, harnessed with a real passion for perfection, Blackmagic set out to change the industry forever.
CEO, Grant Petty, left his life as an engineer in the TV industry with one goal on his mind: To fix the “flawed” TV and film sector and hand power back to the creative people driving it forward.
A company dedicated to quality and stability and focusing on where it's needed most; Blackmagic has created some of the most talked about products in the industry. World famous for their unbeatable codecs, Blackmagic envisioned truly affordable high-end quality editing workstations built upon Blackmagic software and hardware.
In November 2002, Blackmagic launched the DeckLink capture card and in doing so single-handedly made working in true 10-bit uncompressed video on a Macintosh OS X™ system an affordable reality.
In September 2016 Blackmagic Design announced the acquisition of Australian manufacturer Fairlight, which creates professional digital audio products for live broadcast event production, film and television post-production, as well as immersive 3D audio mixing and finishing. The first developing being the integration of Fairlight DAW technology into the Davinci Resolve software platform.
Blackmagic Featured Products
- 1920 x 1200 Touchscreen LCD
- Records UHD 4K/HD Up to 30 fps
- Apple ProRes and Avid DNx Codecs
- HDMI and 6G-SDI Video Inputs
- Dual SD Media Card Slots Supports UHS-II
- Built in Optical ND Filters
- Standard Media and File Formats
- Work in HD or Ultra HD
- Super Tough and Redundant Design
- Familiar Broadcast Control
- Micro Four Thirds Lens Mount
- Resolutions up to UHD 3840x2160
- 10" LCD (1920 x 1200 Resolution)
- Built-In Talkback
- Built-In 4 Hour Battery
- 3 x High-Resolution Track Balls
- 12 Primary Correction-Control Knobs
- 18 Navigation and Transport Keys
- Dedicated Feature Buttons
- 2 x LCD Information Display Screens
- Remotely control four cameras
- Lens and Iris Controls
- Gain and Pedestal Controls
- Scene and Camera Controls
- Works seamlessly with ATEM switchers
- 10-Bit HD/SD Capture and Playback
- USB 3.0 Support
- 10-Bit HDMI Video Direct Capture
- Separate Sides for Inputs & Outputs
- Support for Multiple Video Standards
- Connect lastest 12G-SDI equipment
- Perfect for broadcast installations
- Can be rack mounted
- Multi rate 12G-SDI technology