Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 105mm f/1.4E ED Lens
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #46914
- SKU: JAA343DA
Entering a new realm within the short telephoto lens market, the AF-S NIKKOR 105mm f/1.4E ED Lens from Nikon is an incredibly bright portrait-length lens designed for FX-format F-mount DSLRs. The f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also affords extensive control over focus for shallow depth of field imagery. Maintaining clarity and sharpness throughout the aperture range, the optical design utilises extra-low dispersion glass to minimise chromatic aberrations and colour fringing, and a Nano Crystal Coat has been applied to reduce flare and ghosting in strong lighting. Availing a range of unique possibilities for a telephoto lens, the combination of the 105mm focal length and fast maximum aperture greatly benefit portrait photographers as well as event shooters.
Balancing the optical attributes, the lens is also characterised by a Silent Wave Motor that produces fast, smooth, and quiet autofocus capabilities, along with the ability to manually override focus at any time for more selective control. An electromagnetic diaphragm is also featured for greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with faster continuous shooting rates.
- This bright short telephoto prime lens is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount DSLRs and can also be used on DX models, where it provides a 157.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Awesomely fast f/1.4 maximum aperture enables precise control over depth of field when working with selective focus techniques, and also benefits working in low-light conditions.
- Three extra-low dispersion glass elements are used in the optical construction to reduce a variety of chromatic aberrations for a high degree of clarity and colour neutrality.
- A Nano Crystal Coat has been applied to lens elements to minimise surface and internal reflections for a marked reduction in lens flare and ghosting.
- Fluorine coating on exposed elements affords protection to the optical system.
- Silent Wave Motor autofocus mechanism provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance that is ideal for photographing fast-moving subjects.
- Full-time manual focus override allows instant switching between AF and MF focusing systems by just rotating the focus ring at any time.
- Internal focusing design maintains the overall lens length during operation and contributes to a lighter overall weight, as well as a minimum focusing distance of 3.3'.
- Specialised electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
|Format Compatibility||Nikon FX/35mm Film|
|Angle of View||23° 10'|
|Minimum Focus Distance||1 m|
|Elements/Groups||14 / 9|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front: 82 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 94.5 x 106 mm|