Canon EF 180mm Macro f3.5L USM Autofocus Lens
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/3.5 to f/32
- Three Ultra-Low Dispersion Elements
- Super Spectra Coating
- 1:1 Magnification, 1.6' Min. Focus
A unique medium telephoto designed for close-up shooting, the EF 180mm f/3.5L Macro USM from Canon is an L-series prime well-suited for high detail shooting with a comfortable working distance. For macro applications, this lens affords a life-size, 1:1 maximum magnification along with a 48.8 cm minimum focusing distance, however its long focal length is also ideal for portraiture and other closely cropped mid-length shooting needs. In regard to its optical design, three ultra-low dispersion elements are used to control colour fringing and chromatic aberrations and a Super Spectra coating has been applied to reduce flare and ghosting. Benefitting these assets is an internal floating focusing system that works to maintain image quality throughout the entire focus range. An Ultrasonic Motor is used to provide quick and quiet autofocus performance, along with full-time manual focus, and a Focus Limiter function also helps to ensure fast focus speeds. Additionally, this lens is weather-sealed for use in trying environmental conditions and it has a removable rotating tripod collar to benefit working atop a tripod or monopod.
- Medium-length telephoto prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 288mm equivalent focal length.
- Ideal for macro shooting, this lens offers a life-size 1:1 maximum magnification along with a minimum focusing distance of 48.7 cm to suit working with close-up subjects.
- Three ultra-low dispersion (UD) elements greatly reduce chromatic aberrations and colour fringing for improved clarity and colour accuracy.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimise ghosting and flare for greater contrast and colour neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM) is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Floating elements system along with an internal focusing design helps to maintain consistent image quality throughout the focusing range.
- Focus Limiter switch lets you constrain the focusing to two different ranges for faster focusing performance: 48.8 cm-infinity and 1.5 m -infinity.
- Rounded eight-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens is sealed against dust and moisture for working in inclement environmental conditions.
- Removable rotating tripod collar is included and benefits working with the lens atop a tripod or monopod.
- Compatible with optional EF 1.4X and EF 2X teleconverters.
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor|
|Angle of View||13° 40'|
|Minimum Focus Distance||48 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:1|
|Elements/Groups||14 / 12|
|Diaphragm Blades||8, Rounded|
|Tripod Collar||Yes Removable - rotating|
|Filter Thread||Front: 72 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 82.5 x 186.6 mm|