Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm f/4 ZA OSS E-Mount Lens
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/4 to f/22
- One AA Element; Four Aspherical Elements
- Three Extra-Low Dispersion Elements
- Zeiss T* Anti-Reflective Coating
A compact and weather-resistant option, the Vario-Tessar T* FAE 16-35mm f/4 ZA OSS Lens from Sony will satisfy nearly all the wide-angle needs of full-frame E-mount shooters. It also features a constant f/4 aperture for consistent performance and illumination throughout the zoom range. Ensuring optimal image quality, the lens design incorporates five aspherical elements, including one Advanced Aspherical (AA), three extra-low dispersion elements, and the Zeiss T anti-reflective coating. This combination delivers images that are free from aberrations and flare.
For smooth operation, the lens uses a linear autofocus motor and an internal focusing design. Also, it is equipped with Optical SteadyShot to dramatically reduce the effects of camera shake on your images. Additionally, it has a seven-blade circular diaphragm for smooth, rounded bokeh.
- Based on the Zeiss Tessar optical concept, this lens uses a design with 12 elements in ten groups that helps ensure a smaller overall lens size along with reduced flaring, distortion, and chromatic aberrations.
- Covering ultra-wide to wide-angle perspectives, this compact 16-35mm will pair nicely with Sony's full-frame E-mount cameras. It can also be used on APS-C format cameras where it will provide a 24-52.5mm equivalent zoom range.
- A constant f/4 maximum aperture offers consistent performance throughout the zoom range and also lends greater control over focus position for shallow depth of field techniques.
- Zeiss T* anti-reflective coatings have been applied to each lens surface to help minimise reflections in order to provide greater image clarity, contrast, and colour fidelity.
- Three extra-low dispersion glass elements are featured in the lens design to help reduce chromatic aberrations and colour fringing for improved clarity and colour neutrality.
- Five aspherical elements, including one large-diameter Advanced Aspherical (AA) element, are incorporated in the lens design to reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilisation helps to minimise the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery when shooting handheld with slower shutter speeds. This stabilisation system can also be combined with select camera's sensor-shift type image stabilisation for more effective control of camera blur.
- A linear autofocus motor and internal focus design provide quick and precise autofocus performance and enables accurate and silent focusing while recording videos.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberised control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
|Focal Length||16 - 35mm|
|Camera Mount Type||Sony E|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor|
|Angle of View||107° - 63°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||28 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:5.26|
|Elements/Groups||12 / 10|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front: 72 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 78 x 98.5 mm|
In The Box
- Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm f/4 ZA OSS E-Mount Lens
- ALC-SH134 Lens Hood
- ALC-F72S 72mm Front Lens Cap
- ALC-R1EM Rear Lens Cap
- Lens Pouch
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
Reviews(no ratings yet)
Give it a quick rating:
Thanks for your rating!
Write a review
- Product: Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm f/4 ZA OSS E-Mount Lens
- Manufacturer: Sony
- Model: Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm f/4 ZA OSS
- SKU: SEL1635Z
- RM Product #: 19662
- Zoom or Prime Lens: Zoom
- Lens Type: Wide
- Lens Mount: Sony E
- Maximum Aperture: f/4
- Focus Type: Auto Focus