The Tiffen 52mm Digital Neutral Density Filter Kit is a complete set of filters to help you get better shots in bright light as well as assisting you with some special effect images.
Neutral Density filters have several uses and offer the possibility to achieve otherwise unachievable results. They enable the shooter to adjust exposure without affecting colour balance. ND filters appear gray and reduce the amount of light reaching the film.
Determining which neutral density filter yields ideal results for any given lighting situation takes knowledge, experience and a collection of such filters. Speaking generally, the 2-stop value (ND 0.6) effectively compensates average situations.
Neutral Density Filters Have Four Main Uses
- To enable slow shutter speeds to be used, especially with high speed films, to record movement in subjects such as waterfalls, clouds, or cars
- To decrease depth of field by allowing wider apertures to be used, which helps separate subjects from their background
- To decrease the effective ISO of high speed film (above ISO 400) and allow it to be used outdoors in bright situation
- To allow cine and video cameras (which have fixed shutter speeds) to film subjects such as snow, sand or other bright scenes which could cause overexposure
Neutral Density Factors
- ND.6 (exposure adjustment = 2 stops, reduces ISO by 1/4)
- ND.9 (exposure adjustment = 3 stops, reduces ISO by 1/8)
- ND1.2 (exposure adjustment = 4 stops, reduces ISO by 1/16
|Type||Digital Neutral Density Kit|
|Grade||0.6 = 2-stops
0.9 = 3-stops
1.2 = 4-stops
|Filter Factor||0.6 = Reduces ISO by 1/4
0.9 = Reduces ISO by 1/8
1.2 = Reduces ISO by 1/16
|Effect||* Reduce the amount of light reaching the film
* To use high speed film in bright light
|Application||Nature, travel, outdoor photography|
|Colour Temperature||Not Applicable|
|Front Filter Thread Size||52mm|
|Front Lens Cap Size||52mm|
Australian Shipping Via DHL
DHL offers a great express shipping service to Australia from New Zealand. We are proud to be able to offer express shipping to main cities on the east coast of Australia, within the same timeframe ( If not quicker ) than local Australian courier companies. Prior to the Covid-19 outbreak, service standards for these main centers was overnight. However these services have been impacted greatly, and as such the overnight service has been suspended. Overnight shipping will likely resume once things have returned to normal.
Qualifying main centers include:
Whilst this service is extremely efficient and will likely be delivered within 1-2 days 99.9% of the time, it cannot be guaranteed. In the case where something were to go wrong with your delivery and it doesn’t arrive within the specified time frame, in most cases it will be delivered by the next day.
While not all major cities are eligible for overnight delivery, they still benefit from this great service. Other centers throughout Australia will have a typical delivery ETA of 2-4 days. (Excluding rural delivery address where this ETA can be extended to an additional three or more days).
If you require urgent shipping and you don’t reside in one of the cities stated above, please contact us and we can find a solution that works best for you.
Please Note: Shipping via DHL is not available to PO boxes and/ or parcel boxes etc.