Behringer POLY D 4-Voice Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
- Authentic Layout and Sound.
- Monophonic, Unison, Poly Modes.
- Pure Analogue Signal Path.
- 37 Synth-Action Full-Size Keys, Vel & AT.
- 4 VCOs with 5 Waveforms Each.
- Product: #66239
- SKU: POLYD
Designed for the musician, producer, or sound designer looking for that classic ladder-filter sound of the 70's, the Behringer POLY D 4-Voice Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer is a quad-voice polyphonic, four-oscillator powerhouse with a pure analogue signal path, 37-note full-sized semi-weighted keyboard, and built-in distortion and chorus effects. The synthesiser utilises matched transistors and JFETs, precision 0.1% thin-film resistors, and polyphenylene-sulphide capacitors, which allow for flexible sound-shaping capabilities resulting in super-fat basses and lead tones, mind-bending effects, and progressive organ sounds. The Poly D offers a wide range of playable modes including mono, unison, and poly.
The four VCOs offer a wide range of waveforms for sculpting sound. VCOs 1, 2, and 3 include triangular, sharktooth, saw, square, wide pulse, and narrow pulse, while VCO4 features triangle, reverse saw, saw, square, wide pulse, and narrow pulse. Additionally, all 4 VCOs can be adjusted across a wide, 6-octave range (LO, 32', 16', 8', 4', and 2'). At the heart of the Poly D beats the highly flexible 24 dB ladder-style filter with controls for filter cutoff, emphasis, and contour. The filter can be switched between high-pass and low-pass, while the dedicated envelope allows the filter to be shaped over time. What's more, the filter can be key-tracked for realistic recreations of acoustic instruments.
Other notable additions to the Poly D include an arpeggiator with 8 patterns, a 32-step sequencer with 64 memory locations, two types of analogue chorus, and an analogue distortion circuit to add spice and edge to your sounds. The rear panel provides stereo 1/4" main outputs, a 1/4" external input for processing, and a variety of 1/4" CV inputs and outputs to add additional control over the instrument. Route the velocity to the VCA or Filter for expressive playing or interface with other external analogue CV gear for even more sound design potential. The Behringer Poly D includes a power adapter.
- Analogue synthesiser with quadruple VCO design allows for fat music creation.
- 4-Voice polyphonic/paraphonic design with mono, unison and polyphonic mode.
- 37 semi-weighted full-size keys featuring velocity and after-touch functionality.
- Authentic reproduction of original D-type circuitry with matched transistors and JFETs.
- Ultra-high precision 0.1% thin film resistors and polyphenyline sulphide capacitors.
- Pure analogue signal path based on authentic VCO, VCF, and VCA designs.
- 5 variable oscillator shapes with variable pulse widths for ultimate sounds.
- Classic 24 dB ladder filter with resonance for legendary sound performance.
- Amazing stereo chorus based on authentic circuitry.
- Distortion circuitry adds insane spice and edge to your sounds.
- Easy-to-use voltage controlled 32-step sequencer with 64 sequence locations.
- Arpeggiator with wide patterns for great sound effects.
- Switchable low/high pass filter mode for enhanced sound creation.
- Dedicated and fully analogue triangle/square wave LFO.
- Noise generator dramatically expands waveform generation.
- 84 controls give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters.
- External audio input for processing external sound sources.
- Stereo outputs featuring servo-balanced output stages for highest signal integrity.
- Comprehensive MIDI implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection.
|Synthesiser Structure||Number of Voices: 4-Note Polyphony (with Paraphonic Mode)
Modes: Mono, Unison, Poly
VCO: 4 x Voltage-Controlled Oscillators (0.1 Hz to 20 kHz in 6 Overlapping Ranges)
LFO: 1 x Low-Frequency Oscillator (0.05 Hz to 200 Hz, up to 300 Hz with External CV Input)
VCF: 1 x Voltage-Controlled Filter, Switchable Low-Pass or High-Pass (24 dB / Octave Slope)
Envelopes: VCA, VCF
FX: Distortion, Chorus
|Keyboard||37-Note Full-Sized Keys
Synth-Action with Aftertouch
|Line Inputs and Outputs||Main Output: 2 x 1/4" / 6.35 mm TRS
External Input: 1 x 1/4" / 6.35 mm
Headphones: 1/4" / 6.35 mm TRS
|Control Voltage||External Control Inputs: 1/4" / 6.35 mm
Internal Control Outputs: 1/4" / 6.35 mm
After-Pressure with Scale Knob
Velocity with Scale Knob
|USB||Type: Class-Compliant USB 2.0 Type-B
Supported Operating Systems:
Windows XP or Later
macOS 10.6.8 or Later
|MIDI Connectors||In/Out/Thru: 3 x 5-pin DIN|
Tune: -2 to +2
Glide: 0 to 10
Modulation Mix: OSC 4 or Filter EG to Noise/Ext Mod Source or LFO
LFO Rate: 0 to 10
Modulation Source: OSC 4 or Filter EG
Modulation Source: Noise/Ext Mod Source or LFO
LFO Waveform: Triangular or Square
|Oscillators||Knobs Range (OSC 1, 2, 3, and 4): LO, 32', 16', 8', 4', 2'
Frequency (OSC 2, 3, & 4): -7 to +7
Waveform (OSC 1, 2, 3): Triangular, Sharktooth, Saw, Square, Wide Pulse, Narrow Pulse
Waveform (OSC 4): Triangular, Reverse Saw, Saw, Square, Wide Pulse, Narrow Pulse
Switches: Oscillator Modulation On/Off
OSC 4 Control (By Keyboard) On/Off
Volume (OSC 1, 2, 3, 4): 0 to 10
Volume (External Input): 0 to 10
Volume (Noise): 0 to 10
OSC 1, 2, 3, 4: On/Off
External Input: On/Off
Noise Source: Pink or White
Cutoff Frequency: -4 to +4
Filter Emphasis: 0 to 10
Amount of Contour: 0 to 10
Attack: 1 ms to 10 s
Decay: 4 ms to >35 s
Sustain: 0 to 10
Filter Mode: Low-Pass / High-Pass
Filter Modulation: On/Off
Keyboard Control 1: On (1/3) or Off
Keyboard Control 2: On (2/3) or Off
Volume: 0 to 10
Headphone Volume: 0 to 10
Attack: 1 ms to 10 s
Decay: 4 ms to >35 s
Sustain: 0 to 10
Loudness Decay: On/Off
Dist: 0 to 10
Tone: 0 to 10
Level: 0 to 10
Buttons: I and II
|Sequencer / Arpeggiator||Arpeggiator: 8 Patterns
Sequencer: 32-Steps per Pattern, (8 Banks of 8 Patterns, 64 Total)
|Power||External Power Adapter: 12 VDC, 1000 mA|
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Weight||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
Australian Shipping Via DHL
DHL now offer a great express shipping service to Australia from New Zealand. We are proud to be able to offer overnight shipping to main cities on the east coast of Australia. These main centers include:
Whilst this service is extremely efficient and will be delivered overnight 99.9% of the time, it cannot be guaranteed. In the case where something were to go wrong with your delivery and it did not arrive overnight, it will most likely be delivered by the next day.
While not all major cities are eligible for overnight delivery, they still benefit from this great service. Other centers throughout Australia will have a typical delivery ETA of 2-4 days. (Excluding rural delivery address where this ETA can be extended to an additional three or more days).
If you require urgent shipping and you don’t reside in one of the cities stated above, please contact us and we can find a solution that works best for you.
Please Note: Shipping via DHL is not available to PO boxes and/ or parcelboxes etc.