Focusrite ISA 828 MkII 8-Channel Preamp
- Mic, Instrument, and Line Inputs.
- 80 dB Gain Range.
- Classic ISA Mic Preamp Design.
- Lundahl LL1538 Input Transformer.
- Efficient Cool Operation.
- Product: #65884
- SKU: FOCISA828MKII
Offering the signature, high-end sound the company is known for, as well as the possibility of outputting digital signal over modern networking platforms, the Focusrite ISA 828 MkII 8-Channel Preamp is an eight-channel microphone preamp with mic, line, and instrument connections. This MkII version offers an updated power supply, which provides more efficient power consumption at lower temperatures. Also, the ISA 828 MkII is compatible with Dante networks, should you load it with the separately available ISA ADN8 card.
The preamp makes use of a Lundahl LL1538 input transformer to give you the sound of the original classic Focusrite preamps. Just press the ISA 110 switch to activate that vintage sound. The microphone input stage provides a variable impedance circuit. The gain range is a very healthy 80 dB, making the unit suitable for use with low-output dynamic and ribbon microphones.
Channels one through four include DI inputs that feature high- and low-impedance options, delivering a comprehensive and accessible DI solution for electric guitars and basses. Pair the device with the separately available ISA ADN8, and you'll have a great front end, one that works equally well in studios and complicated live-sound settings.
- Eight-channel microphone preamp featuring original ISA transformer-based preamps.
- Each channel can accept either microphone or line input.
- Channels 1 through 4 also accept instrument inputs for guitars and basses, or vintage synthesisers with high impedance outputs.
- Microphone input can deliver up to 80dB of gain, particularly useful when working with very low output dynamic and ribbon microphones.
- Phantom power, ISA 110, and phase switches provided on each input.
- High-pass filter on each channel provides a 75 Hz corner frequency with 18 dB/octave roll-off.
- Variable microphone impedance.
- Six-LED input metre per channel.
- Separately available eight-channel analogue-to-digital convertor card provides eight channels A/D conversion over Dante, ADAT, or AES3, at sample rates and resolutions up to 192 kHz / 24-bit.
|Connections||8 x XLR Mic Inputs
8 x 1/4" Line Inputs
4 x 1/4" Instrument Inputs
1 x DB25 / ADC Inputs
1 x DB25 / Analogue Outputs
|High Pass Filter||Fixed at 75 Hz, 18 dB/Octave Rolloff|
|Metres||6-Segment LED Peak-Level Metres per Channel|
|Gain Range||80 dB|
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||3.5 x 19.0 x 12.8" / 8.8 x 49.2 x 32.5 cm|
|Weights||15.6 lb / 7.1 kg (Without Accessories)
16.5 lb / 7.5 kg (With Accessories)
Australian Shipping Via DHL
DHL now offer a great express shipping service to Australia from New Zealand. We are proud to be able to offer overnight shipping to main cities on the east coast of Australia. These main centers include:
Whilst this service is extremely efficient and will be delivered overnight 99.9% of the time, it cannot be guaranteed. In the case where something were to go wrong with your delivery and it did not arrive overnight, it will most likely be delivered by the next day.
While not all major cities are eligible for overnight delivery, they still benefit from this great service. Other centers throughout Australia will have a typical delivery ETA of 2-4 days. (Excluding rural delivery address where this ETA can be extended to an additional three or more days).
If you require urgent shipping and you don’t reside in one of the cities stated above, please contact us and we can find a solution that works best for you.
Please Note: Shipping via DHL is not available to PO boxes and/ or parcelboxes etc.