The Hoya 62mm Neutral Density (ND) 0.9 Pro 1 Digital Multi-Coated Glass Filter has several uses, and offers the possibility to achieve otherwise unachievable results. ND filters appear grey, and reduce the amount of light reaching the film. They have no effect on colour balance.
Digital multi-coated filters greatly reduce the appearance of lens flare and ghosting caused by reflections
Black Almite Frame
Filters feature a black matte aluminium, satin-finish almite frame, which reduces reflections
Black Rimmed Glass
These filters are equipped with black-rimmed glass to reduce the chance of light reflecting off the edge
Low Profile Frame
Ultra-thin filter frames, which help to avoid vignetting on super wide angle lenses, are also designed to hold a lens cap
Knurling Edge Frame
These filters are equipped with a straight knurling edge for non-slip, easy attachment and removal
UV Protected Case
Filter cases are UV protected, which further lengthens the life of filters
Neutral Density Filters have four main uses:
- To enable slow shutter speeds to be used, especially with high-speed films, to record movement in subjects such as waterfalls, clouds, or cars
- To decrease depth-of-field by allowing wider apertures to be used, which helps to separate subjects from their background
- To decrease the effective ISO of high-speed film (above ISO 400), and allow it to be used outdoors in bright situations
- To allow cine and video cameras (which have fixed shutter speeds) to film subjects such as snow, sand or other bright scenes, which could cause overexposure
Neutral Density Factors
- 2x = ND 0.3 (exposure adjustment = 1 stop, reduces ISO 1/2)
- 4x = ND 0.6 (exposure adjustment = 2 stops, reduces ISO 1/4)
- 8x = ND 0.9 (exposure adjustment = 3 stops, reduces ISO 1/8)
|Size||62 mm x 3 mm thick|
|Filter Factor||Reduces ISO 1/8|
|Effect||ND filters appear grey, and reduce the amount of light reaching the film. They have no affect on colour balance|
|Application||To use hig-speed film in bright sun|
|Colour Temperature||Not Applicable|
|Front Filter Thread Size||62 mm|
|Front Lens Cap Size||62 mm|
|Package Weight||0.13 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||4.3 x 3.5 x 0.6"|
Australian Shipping Via DHL
DHL offers a great express shipping service to Australia from New Zealand. We are proud to be able to offer express shipping to main cities on the east coast of Australia, within the same timeframe ( If not quicker ) than local Australian courier companies. Prior to the Covid-19 outbreak, service standards for these main centers was overnight. However these services have been impacted greatly, and as such the overnight service has been suspended. Overnight shipping will likely resume once things have returned to normal.
Qualifying main centers include:
Whilst this service is extremely efficient and will likely be delivered within 1-2 days 99.9% of the time, it cannot be guaranteed. In the case where something were to go wrong with your delivery and it doesn’t arrive within the specified time frame, in most cases it will be delivered by the next day.
While not all major cities are eligible for overnight delivery, they still benefit from this great service. Other centers throughout Australia will have a typical delivery ETA of 2-4 days. (Excluding rural delivery address where this ETA can be extended to an additional three or more days).
If you require urgent shipping and you don’t reside in one of the cities stated above, please contact us and we can find a solution that works best for you.
Please Note: Shipping via DHL is not available to PO boxes and/ or parcel boxes etc.
Reviews(no ratings yet)
Give it a quick rating:
Thanks for your rating!
Write a review
- Product: Hoya 62mm Neutral Density (ND) 0.9 Pro 1 Digital Multi-Coated Glass Filter
- Manufacturer: Hoya
- Model: XD62ND8
- SKU: XD62ND8
- RM Product #: 45925
- Filter Diameter: 62mm