Korg Minilogue XD Polyphonic Analog Synthesiser with Multi-Engine (Pearl White)
- 4-Voice, Fully Programmable.
- 37-Note Keyboard (Slim-Key with Vel).
- 500 Presets (200 Factory, 300 User).
- Modes: Poly, Arp, Chord, Unison.
- Open Source: User Customisation.
- Product: #70724
- SKU: KOR-MINILOGUE-XD-PW
The 4-voice Korg Minilogue XD Polyphonic Analog Synthesiser with Multi-Engine (Pearl White) is Korg's latest polyphonic analogue synthesiser that builds upon the success of the Minilogue, Monologue, and Prologue synthesisers and harnesses the most sought after features of each, culminating in one of the most advanced instruments available. By combining multivoice, multitimbre, and Multi Engine technology, the Minilogue XD utilises a best of feature set from each 'logue product with additional features including a digital multi-engine, digital effects, a feature-rich sequencer, and microtuning, which further expands the possibilities for sound design and performance.
The synthesiser's architecture uses two VCOs + multi-engine (VCO3), a 12 dB/octave filter, two envelopes, a VCA, and an LFO. The multi-engine is equipped with three sound generation devices including a noise generator, a variable phase modulation (VMP/FM) generator, and a user oscillator, which allows you to load your own oscillator programmes including custom wavetables via a free editor/librarian. The two-pole, low-pass filter with enhanced sharpness adds drive with powerful distortion, as well as a key-track switch. Its sound covers almost every sonic possibility: fat basses, powerful leads, and the lush pads that you expect from a polyphonic synthesiser.
Additional features include four voice modes, a powerful arpeggiator, a 16-step sequencer with step, real-time, & motion recording, and a 32-bit digital effects engine, which provides three simultaneous effects including modulation, reverb, and delay. The 37-note slim-key keyboard and assignable joystick provide remarkable touch and feel for inspired performances, while the OLED oscilloscope provides visual feedback of parameter changes in real-time. The Korg Minilogue XD ships with a power adapter.
- 4-voice analogue synthesiser circuit
- 37-note slim-key keyboard with velocity sensitivity
- Digital multi-engine equipped with three modes: Noise, VPM, and User
- High-quality 32-bit digital effects (modulation, reverb, and delay)
- Open source software that can be customised by the user
- Bi-timbre support
- Voice modes that allow voices to be flexibly recombined
- Arpeggiator equipped with a variety of types and range settings
- 16-step polyphonic sequencer (step record, real-time record, motion record)
- Programme Sort allows rapid access to 500 programmes (200 factory & 300 user)
- OLED oscilloscope function shows the waveform visually
- Sync with another groove machine to enjoy jam sessions
The multi-engine is provided as VCO3, adding digital waveforms and FM via three different sound engines, which can be combined with the analogue VCOs to expand Prologue’s sonic potential far beyond that of a traditional analogue synthesiser.
- Noise Generator: Four types of noise generators create percussive sounds or sound effects. Experience how digital filtering can produce direct changes in the colour of the noise
- VPM Oscillator: The VPM (Variable Phase Modulation) / FM oscillator offers a metallic and sharp sound with complex overtones. With 16 types of oscillator and the Shape knob, you’ll have access to complex sound design possibilities
- User Oscillator: Load oscillator programmes of your own creation. Sixteen slots are provided, and one type of morphing wavetable oscillator is built-in as a preset
Four Voice Modes:
- Poly: Operates as a poly synth with up to 4 voices. Turn the Voice Mode Depth knob to switch to Duo mode, in which the instrument operates with up to 4 voices
- Unison: Operates as an all-unison mono synth. Turn Voice Mode Depth knob to deepen detune
- Chord: Play chords using one to four voices
- Arp / Latch:
- Arp: Provides an arpeggiator with up to four voices that can also be used while the sequencer is running
- Latch: Switches latch on or off
- 32-bit floating point DSP processing
- Add finishing touches to sound design platform
- Three Types of Effects: Modulation, reverb, delay
- Can be used simultaneously
- User effect slots allow you to load your own custom effect programmes
The programme sort function lets you instantly change the sorting order of the 500 programmes. Eight Programme Sort Methods:
- Prog Num: Sort by programme number
- Category: Sort by programme category
- Alphabetical: Sort programmes alphabetically
- Like: Sort by programmes that you liked
- Frequent: Sort by how frequently you used the programme
- Envelope: Sort by envelope shape
- Random: Sort randomly
- Live Set: Sort programmes registered in a live set
The powerful arpeggiator opens a world of limitless inspiration. It provides a four-octave range, and six arpeggiator types. From phrases that could not be performed on a keyboard to sequence-like sound designs, the arpeggiator can play a versatile array of roles. Types:
- Poly random
Open source means that the Minilogue XD's development is ongoing. It provides 16 user oscillator slots and 16 user effect slots, and you can use the dedicated librarian software to create your very own oscillators and effect programmes and load them into Minilogue XD.
|Keyboard||37 Keys (Slim-Key, Velocity Sensitive)|
|Sound Generation||Analogue Sound Generator + Multi-Engine Digital Sound Generator (Noise, VPM, User)|
|Programmes||500 Programmes (200 Factory, 300 User)
Each Programme Provides Programme Sort Function that Includes Voice Mode Settings
Favourite Function Built-In
|Voices||Voice Mode: 4 (Poly, Unison, Chord, Arp/Latch)
Voice Mode Depth: Allows Different Parameters to be Varied for Each Mode
|Sequencer||16-Step Polyphonic Sequencer Motion Sequence can be Used on up to Four Parameters|
|Arpeggiator||6 Types: Manual, Rise, Fall, Rise Fall, Random, Poly Random)
Tempo and Note Range Can Be Changed
|Synthesiser Structure||VCO1: Wave (Saw, Triangle, Square), Octave, Pitch, Shape
VCO2: Wave (Saw, Triangle, Square), Octave, Pitch, Shape
Modulation: Sync, Ring, Cross Mod Depth
Multi-Engine: Noise/VPM/User, Octave, Type, Shape
Noise Generator: 4 types
VPM (Variable Phase Modulation) / FM Oscillator: 16 Types
User Oscillator: 16 slots
Mixer: VCO1, VCO2, Multi
VCF: Cutoff, Resonance, Drive, Keytrack
AMP EG: Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release
EG: Attack, Decay, EG Int, Target (Pitch, Pitch2, Cutoff)
LFO: Wave (Saw, Triangle, Square), Mode (BPM, Normal, 1-Shot), Rate, Int, Target (Pitch, Shape, Cutoff)
Chorus: 8 Types
Ensemble: 3 Types
Phaser: 8 Types
Flanger: 8 Types
User: 16 Slots
User: 8 Slots
User: 8 Slots
|Controls||Joystick: Modifies Parameters for Each Programme
|Displays||Main: Real-Time OLED Oscilloscope Provides Visual Feedback of Parameter Changes
Multi-Engine Section: 7-Segment 6-Digit LED Display
|Inputs and Outputs||Audio:
Stereo Headphone: 1/4" / 6.35 mm TRS
Output (Left/Mono, Right) 2 x 1/4" / 6.35 mm TS
Sync In: 1/8" / 3.5 mm (Maximum Input Level 20 V)
Sync Out: 1/8" / 3.5 mm (Output Level 5 V)
CV In: 2 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm
MIDI: USB Type-B
TS MIDI I/O: 2 x 5-pin DIN
Damper/Sustain Jack: 1/4" / 6.35 mm (Half Damper is Not Supported)
|Control Voltage Inputs||CV Connector Voltages:
Modulation Mode: -5 to +5 V
CV/Gate Mode: -3 to +5 V
|Power||Power Supply: 9 VDC Adapter
Power Consumption: 8 W
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||19.7 x 11.8 x 3.4" / 500 x 300 x 85 mm|
|Weight||6.2 lb / 2.8 kg|
Australian Shipping Via DHL
DHL now offer a great express shipping service to Australia from New Zealand. We are proud to be able to offer overnight shipping to main cities on the east coast of Australia. These main centers include:
Whilst this service is extremely efficient and will be delivered overnight 99.9% of the time, it cannot be guaranteed. In the case where something were to go wrong with your delivery and it did not arrive overnight, it will most likely be delivered by the next day.
While not all major cities are eligible for overnight delivery, they still benefit from this great service. Other centers throughout Australia will have a typical delivery ETA of 2-4 days. (Excluding rural delivery address where this ETA can be extended to an additional three or more days).
If you require urgent shipping and you don’t reside in one of the cities stated above, please contact us and we can find a solution that works best for you.
Please Note: Shipping via DHL is not available to PO boxes and/ or parcelboxes etc.