Nikon AF-S DX 17-55mm f2.8G IF-ED Lens with HB-31 Case
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #5148
- SKU: JAA788DA
The AF-S DX Zoom 17-55mm f/2.8G IF-ED is another high-quality zoom lens option customized for digital cameras, part of the new DX Nikon series. Designed specifically for use with Nikon digital SLR cameras with the smaller DX size chip, it features wideangle zoom capability, ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass and Nikon's exclusive built-in SWM (Silent Wave Motor).
The lens is targeted at professional and advanced amateur Nikon D-SLR users who demand both the advantages of high optical performance and wideangle focal zoom range.
This G-type lens is designed with no aperture rings, and offers easier, virtually mistake-free operation because the aperture does not need to be set to minimum. Equivalent focal length in 35mm is 25.5-85.5mm.
- The world's first constant f/2.8 3.2x zoom lens developed exclusively for use with Nikon's DX-format.
- DX design enables a combination of wider angle-of-view with optical characteristics that are optimized for Nikon digital SLR camera sensors.
- 3 Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements for minimized chromatic aberration providing higher resolution and superior contrast.
- Lightweight and compact design (similar to 17-35mm f/2.8 lens).
- M/A and M modes allow rapid switching between AF and MF operation.
- Rounded diaphragm to make out-of-focus elements appear more natural.
- 3.2x zoom covers from a wide angle of 79 degrees and is ideal for architecture, landscape, groups shots and portrait work.
- Nikon DX design produces a smaller image circle (the size of the image that is projected by the lens on to the sensor) enabling smaller lens diameter, lighter weight and optimal image quality from center-to edge-to-corner on the image.
- 3 aspherical lens elements for minimized distortion.
- Exclusive Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables ultra-high-speed auto focusing with exceptional accuracy and powerful super-quiet operation.
- Internal Focusing (IF) design for smoother focusing and great body balance.
- G-type DX Nikkor is designed exclusively for use with Nikon digital SLR models.
- DX lenses are NOT recommended for use with 35mm, digital "full-frame" FX, or APS SLR cameras.
- Some older AF cameras are not fully compatible with the AF-S function. With these models, AF-S lenses will have to be focused manually. Incompatible models are: N60, N55, N8008/s, N6006, N5005, N4004 & N2020.
More information about Nikon Products and Lenses: (Link to Nikon Website)
Australian Shipping Via DHL
DHL offers a great express shipping service to Australia from New Zealand. We are proud to be able to offer express shipping to main cities on the east coast of Australia, within the same timeframe ( If not quicker ) than local Australian courier companies. Prior to the Covid-19 outbreak, service standards for these main centers was overnight. However these services have been impacted greatly, and as such the overnight service has been suspended. Overnight shipping will likely resume once things have returned to normal.
Qualifying main centers include:
Whilst this service is extremely efficient and will likely be delivered within 1-2 days 99.9% of the time, it cannot be guaranteed. In the case where something were to go wrong with your delivery and it doesn’t arrive within the specified time frame, in most cases it will be delivered by the next day.
While not all major cities are eligible for overnight delivery, they still benefit from this great service. Other centers throughout Australia will have a typical delivery ETA of 2-4 days. (Excluding rural delivery address where this ETA can be extended to an additional three or more days).
If you require urgent shipping and you don’t reside in one of the cities stated above, please contact us and we can find a solution that works best for you.
Please Note: Shipping via DHL is not available to PO boxes and/ or parcel boxes etc.