Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #134
- SKU: 8-003-0042
The microMatteBox standard bundles are a great way to control flare and help control lighting when shooting. The Redrock microMattebox is the first cinema-grade matte box designed for the budgets of indie filmmakers, owner/operators, film students and educators, and budget-conscious studios. No longer is there a compromise between quality and cost.
The microMattebox offers a flexible solution for managing light and controlling flare, allowing you to configure your eyebrows/flags and filter stages to exactly meet your needs. The microMattebox is a universal matte box and works with video cameras, 35mm lens adapters, and film cameras. The microMattebox is also compatible with the Red One.
Redrock microMattebox Features
- Universal mattebox: Works with video cameras, 35mm lens adapters, and motion picture film cameras.
- Wide-screen format shade
- Flattened shade design for wide angle lenses
- Interchangeable mattes
- Swing-away design - a first for this price range
- Industry standard rod support: 15mm lightweight, or combination 19mm/15mm studio offset rod support arms
- Separate locking knobs for filter position and filter rotation
- Metal filter trays with spring-loaded filter locks
- Support for top and bottom eyebrows (french flags)
- Support for side wings
- All filter stages rotate 360 degrees and support up to 5.65" square filter trays
- Dual purpose filter tray for 4x4" and 4x5.65" filters. Additional tray options will be available to support up to 5.65" square filters
- Unique stackable stage design: add or remove stages to exactly meet your configuration needs
- All metal construction (lens shade and lens adapter high impact ABS)
- Adaptable to various lens sizes (lens opening with lens connector 140mm, without 155mm)
- Compatible with Arri filter trays and arri bellows (with arri bellows adapter)
- Please note the microMatteBox does not come with support rods or baseplate. these are available separately from Redrock, or can be used with industry standard 15mm lightweight or 19mm rod systems.
Redrock microMattebox Benefits
- Provides unparalleled management of light and controlling of flare
- Swing-away provides easy access to lenses for changes and cleaning
- Can be configured to meet just about any need, including flags and filter stages
- Works with industry standard support and filter sizes and therefore your existing gear
- High quality design withstands rigors of a production environment
- This Bundle does not include hardware for flags as shown in picture. Flag hardware is included in the flag kit or the microMatteBox Deluxe Bundle.
- This microMatteBox Bundle requires 15mm lightweight support system for attaching to your system.
- Filters are not included, but are offered as an add-on accessory.
- The microMatteBox comes with your choice of accent colors in Redrock blue, black, or red
What's in the box;
- Wide-Angle Shade *16:9 Interchangeable Matte
- 2 x Rotating Filter Stages
- 2 x microMatteBox 4x4" / 4x5.65" Dual Size Filter Tray
- Lightweight Support Arm 15mm
- Donut Kit for microMatteBox
- Video Tutorials for Matte Box Configuration and Use
- 1 Year Warranty
Australian Shipping Via DHL
DHL offers a great express shipping service to Australia from New Zealand. We are proud to be able to offer express shipping to main cities on the east coast of Australia, within the same timeframe ( If not quicker ) than local Australian courier companies. Prior to the Covid-19 outbreak, service standards for these main centers was overnight. However these services have been impacted greatly, and as such the overnight service has been suspended. Overnight shipping will likely resume once things have returned to normal.
Qualifying main centers include:
Whilst this service is extremely efficient and will likely be delivered within 1-2 days 99.9% of the time, it cannot be guaranteed. In the case where something were to go wrong with your delivery and it doesn’t arrive within the specified time frame, in most cases it will be delivered by the next day.
While not all major cities are eligible for overnight delivery, they still benefit from this great service. Other centers throughout Australia will have a typical delivery ETA of 2-4 days. (Excluding rural delivery address where this ETA can be extended to an additional three or more days).
If you require urgent shipping and you don’t reside in one of the cities stated above, please contact us and we can find a solution that works best for you.
Please Note: Shipping via DHL is not available to PO boxes and/ or parcel boxes etc.