Samyang 50mm T1.5 Cine Lens for Canon EF
The 50mm T1.5 VDSLR AS UMC Lens for Canon EF Mount from Samyang is a fast, manual focus, prime lens. It providesa maximum aperture of T1.5 for effective low light capture and shallow depth of field control and an 8 blade iris for attractive bokeh. O ptimized for cinema and video applications, the focus and aperture control rings are outfitted with industry standard gearing, which provides an interface for working with a traditional follow focus. The aperture control ring has also been de-clicked, which enables smooth iris pulls. In addition, bright aperture and distance markings are printed on the lens barrel facing laterally to facilitate easier control by a focus puller.
The 50mm has a minimum focus distance of 1.5'. Internal focusing minimises the effects of lens breathing, which insures a more consistent angle-of-view when adjusting focus. The lens is composed of 9 elements in 6 groups, including one aspherical element and one hybrid aspherical element to reduce aberrations. In addition, a lens multi-coating helps to improve light transmission reducing flare and ghosting. The filter thread diameter is 77mm.
The VDSLR line of cinema lenses unifies Samyang's cine lenses into a cohesive series. Each of the VDSLR lenses will offer the same alignment of their geared focus and aperture rings so that follow focus and other rig accessories won't need re-adjustment when swapping lenses. Also, each lens is tested to be colour matched with the other lenses in the series and provide the same colour and contrast when shooting video. Lastly, the lenses are marked with focusing scales on each side of the barrel for easier adjustment from both sides of the camera.
- Standard length manual focus prime lens for full frame EF mount cameras. Will also fit APS-C format cameras
- Functional as still photo lens but optimised for cinema and video shooting with geared aperture and focus rings, de-clicked aperture for smooth exposure transitions, and side-facing aperture and distance markings. The 50mm T1.5 is part of the VDSLR series of cine lenses, sharing characteristics and features that unify the series and make it easier for users to swap out lenses when shooting video. Each VDSLR lens provides aligned focus and aperture rings so that readjustment of the follow focus is not necessary when switching lenses. Also each lens has been tested to match colour and contrast for a consistent look and less potential post-processing. Finally, all lenses from this series print focus scales on both sides of the lens barrel for ease of use from each side of the camera.
- Very fast T1.5 maximum aperture for effective low light capture and shallow depth of field.
- Internal focusing system with 9 lens elements in 6 groups.
- One aspherical and one hybrid aspherical lens element control aberrations and improve sharpness throughout the frame.
- Lens multi-coating improves light transmission and reduces flare and ghosting.
- Minimum focus distance of 1.5'
- Filter thread diameter of 77mm
|Mount||Canon EF Mount|
|Equivalent 35mm Focal Length||N/A|
|Aperture Range||T1.5 - T22|
|Angle of View||46.2°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||1.5' (45 cm)|
|Lens Construction||9 elements in 6 groups including 1 aspherical and 1 hybrid aspherical elements|
|Dimensions (Ø x L)||3.2 x 2.9" (81.6 x 74.7 mm)|
|Weight||20.3 oz (575 g)|
|Package Weight||1.65 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||6.3 x 5.2 x 5.2"|
Reviews(no ratings yet)
Give it a quick rating:
Thanks for your rating!
Write a review
- Product: Samyang 50mm T1.5 Cine Lens for Canon EF
- Manufacturer: Samyang
- Model: 50mm T1.5 VDSLR
- SKU: SYDS50M-C
- RM Product #: 19729
- Zoom or Prime Lens: Prime
- Lens Type: Standard
- Lens Mount: Canon EF
- Maximum Aperture: T1.5
- Warranty: 1 year manufacturer warranty