Sennheiser IE 400 PRO In-Ear Headphones for Wireless Monitoring Systems (Smoky Black)
- High-Resolution Monitoring for Live Show
- For Quiet to Moderate Stage Sound Levels
- Wide Frequency Response: 6 Hz to 19 kHz
- Detachable, Black, Straight Cable
- Single Dynamic Driver for Natural Sound
- Product: #71930
- SKU: IE 400 PRO
The Sennheiser IE 400 PRO dynamic, in-ear headphones for wireless monitoring systems offer musicians, DJs, and sound engineers a rich listening experience with clear, studio-like accuracy, when performing in quiet to moderately loud stage environments. With a secure, comfortable fit rivalling custom-moulded models for isolation, the IE 400 PRO shields the user from excessive stage volumes and poor room acoustics to deliver punchy sound with transparent midrange.
Made to exacting specifications at Sennheiser's German factory, the smoky black IE 400 PRO features elegant, low-profile housings that are built to survive the rigours of live gigging, while providing a secure, comfortable fit so you can wear them for hours without fatigue. With the IE 400 PRO monitors, you can forget you're even wearing in-ears and feel more connected with your music and the audience, allowing you to perform at your best.
Reinvented Single Dynamic Driver
- The IE 400 PRO's SYS 7 driver system withTrueResponse technology features a 7mm single driver that delivers natural and differentiated sound reproduction across the frequency spectrum, eliminating distortion, overlapping frequencies, and feedback peaks associated with multiple drivers.
- Even at high sound pressure levels up to 123 dB, the IE 400 PRO reproduce a completely natural, clear, and spacious soundstage with a total harmonic distortion (THD) under 0.08% and a 6 Hz to 19 kHz frequency response for extended low end.
Safe Monitoring, Less Fatigue
- To protect users against ear damage caused by excessive stage sound levels, the IE 400 PRO reduces ambient sound by up to 26 dB. This is achieved by a choice of included ear adapters (S, M, L) made from memory foam, which expands to perfectly fit the ear canal, ensuring perfect acoustic sealing with the added benefit of enhanced bass reproduction.
- The TrueResponse driver system delivers precise and detailed sound, so you don't have to turn up the level to hear yourself clearly in the mix, keeping your hearing safe even during long periods of use.
- The IE 400 PRO's miniature design permits a lightweight, ultra-compact construction which, thanks to the accompanying silicone and memory foam adapters, can be individually adjusted to fit you perfectly.
- The earphones’ sound tunnel has two rest positions to precisely adjust the ear adapters to the depth and structure of your ear canal.
- This results in a secure and comfortable fit that comes very close to custom-made ear moulds, ensuring that the IE 400 PRO remains secure and comfortable for hours on end.
Reliable, Stage-Proof Cable
- The headphones come with a 4.27' detachable, black, straight cable that features reinforced ear hooks.
- The impressive audio performance of the IE 400 PRO is complemented by an innovative mechanical design, which includes a proprietary cable ducting with the connection inside the ear mould, reducing risk of cable breaks.
- The cable's sturdy anti-kink sleeve sits directly on the ear mould, providing a long-lasting solution against the wear and tear that occurs during heavy use.
- For easy distinction, the right ear mould has a red ring at its cable connection.
Note: You can upgrade the straight cable to a Sennheiser twisted pair cable (available separately), which provides optimised resistance to structure-borne noise for an even cleaner sound at very high volumes.
IE 400 PRO vs IE 500 PRO
- The IE 500 PRO delivers a few extra dBs of sound pressure level—which can be crucial on loud stages and in clubs.
- Compared to the IE 400 PRO, the IE 500 PRO offers a slightly wider frequency response and added presence in the midrange, allowing artists to localise themselves in the mix more easily.
- The cable on the IE 500 PRO features a twisted-pair design for increased resistance to structure-borne noise.
- Recommended applications for the iE 400 PRO: quiet to moderately loud musical genres—jazz, blues, acoustic, country, pop, and more.
|Driver Size||0.28" / 7 mm|
|Number of Drivers||1, per Earpiece|
|Noise Attenuation||26 dBA|
|Frequency Response||6 Hz to 19 kHz|
|Maximum Sound Pressure Level (SPL)||123 dB at 1 kHz / 1 Vrms|
|Total Harmonic Distortion (THD)||0.08%|
|Audio Connector to Source||1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Right-Angled|
|Adapter (Included)||1/4" TRS|
|Connector to Earpiece||1 x Proprietary|
|Cable Length||4.27' / 1.3 m (Unbalanced)|
|Weight||0.63 oz / 18 g with Cable|
Australian Shipping Via DHL
DHL now offer a great express shipping service to Australia from New Zealand. We are proud to be able to offer overnight shipping to main cities on the east coast of Australia. These main centers include:
Whilst this service is extremely efficient and will be delivered overnight 99.9% of the time, it cannot be guaranteed. In the case where something were to go wrong with your delivery and it did not arrive overnight, it will most likely be delivered by the next day.
While not all major cities are eligible for overnight delivery, they still benefit from this great service. Other centers throughout Australia will have a typical delivery ETA of 2-4 days. (Excluding rural delivery address where this ETA can be extended to an additional three or more days).
If you require urgent shipping and you don’t reside in one of the cities stated above, please contact us and we can find a solution that works best for you.
Please Note: Shipping via DHL is not available to PO boxes and/ or parcelboxes etc.