- Can Give Landscape Shots More "Zip"
- Can Be Used in Combination
- Use for Film or Digital Photography
- High-Quality ColorCore Glass
- Made in the USA
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #65987
- SKU: 58DVSEK3
The 58mm Scenic Enhancement Kit 3 from Tiffen is almost a must for anyone who enjoys shooting outdoors capturing vivid landscapes and vistas. With this kit, you will be able to transform a simple scene into an image worth framing.
Sunset Colour Grad
Often it is necessary or desirable to balance the light intensity in one part of a scene with another. This is especially true in situations where you don't have total light control, as in bright contrasty landscapes. A Graduated Sunset filter can change an ordinary sunrise or sunset into something spectacular by adding intensity to the sky. It will enhance the sky while leaving the lower half of the filter unaffected.
Sometimes it is also desirable to add colour to part of the photograph. For example, to add blue to only the sky. The Sunset Colour Graduated filter is half-colour, half-clear, with a graduated transition for blending into the scene.
This filter is a combination of rare earth elements in glass. It removes a portion of the spectrum in the orange region, increasing the colour saturation of reddish objects by eliminating the muddy tones and maximising the red hues with minimal effect on other colours.
We all love Autumn. When the leaves begin to change colour, we're all left breathless by their eternal beauty. Capturing those stunning colours on film or digital becomes a priority for any avid photographer. The Enhancing filter is the most valuable tool when it comes to this kind of nature photography. An Enhancer increases the saturation of the red/orange end of the spectrum and makes earth tones thoroughly saturated and vibrant. Colours appear to "pop".
You will find that the Enhancing filter works best in the early morning or later afternoon photography - when the light is intense rather than the semi-washed out illumination of mid-day. This filter is also optimised for use during the overcast days of Autumn. Try it on an old barn or wooden bridge.
Tiffen makes the Enhancing filter in many sizes to accommodate the many uses this filter has. This filter can be used by the pro and amateur alike, weekend photo warrior or pro cinematographer and must be considered an essential addition to any photo arsenal.
Colour Graduated Neutral Density
This filter enables the shooter to adjust exposure without affecting colour balance.
Often it is necessary or desirable to balance the light intensity in one part of a scene with another. This is especially true in situations where you don't have total light control, as in bright contrasty landscapes. Exposing for the foreground will produce a washed-out, over-exposed sky while exposing for the sky will leave the foreground dark and under-exposed. This filter enables cloud detail to be kept correctly exposed in the picture.
Determining which graduated neutral density filter yields ideal results for any given lighting situation takes knowledge, experience and a collection of such filters. Choose the filter strength which adjusts the lighting to stay within the exposure latitude (greatest difference between bright/dark values) which still shows details in both of the digital or film medium in use. Neutral density filters are available in 1, 2, 3, or 4 stops to suit individual situations.
- Great for digital video shooter who like the outdoors
- A tool to 'create' images rather than just 'take' pictures
Neutral Density Filters Have Four Main Uses
- To enable slow shutter speeds to be used, especially with high speed ISOs, to record movement in subjects such as waterfalls, clouds, or cars
- To decrease depth of field by allowing wider apertures to be used, which helps separate subjects from their background
- To decrease the effective ISO of high speed film (above ISO 400) and allow it to be used outdoors in bright situations
- To allow cine and video cameras (which have fixed shutter speeds) to film subjects such as snow, sand or other bright scenes which could cause overexposure
- Tiffen's ColorCore glass is produced through a process that entails permanently laminating the filter material in between two pieces of optical glass that are ground flat to tolerances of a ten-thousandth of an inch, then mounting them in precision aluminium rings.
- The ColorCore process allows Tiffen to control the colour and density of their filters, and the characteristics of special effects filters with much greater accuracy than typical dyed-in-the-mass filters, which usually exhibit colour and density variations. In this way, Tiffen can better control the various densities of their filters and thereby create more exact degrees of filtration
- Tiffen, a leader in the filter industry, proudly makes its filters in the USA and backs up its products with a solid 10-year warranty.
|Type||Scenic Enhancement Kit 3|
|Rotating||The Graduated Sunset and Neutral Density|
|Colour Temperature||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Front Filter Thread Size||58mm|
|Front Lens Cap Size||58mm|
Australian Shipping Via DHL
DHL now offer a great express shipping service to Australia from New Zealand. We are proud to be able to offer overnight shipping to main cities on the east coast of Australia. These main centers include:
Whilst this service is extremely efficient and will be delivered overnight 99.9% of the time, it cannot be guaranteed. In the case where something were to go wrong with your delivery and it did not arrive overnight, it will most likely be delivered by the next day.
While not all major cities are eligible for overnight delivery, they still benefit from this great service. Other centers throughout Australia will have a typical delivery ETA of 2-4 days. (Excluding rural delivery address where this ETA can be extended to an additional three or more days).
If you require urgent shipping and you don’t reside in one of the cities stated above, please contact us and we can find a solution that works best for you.
Please Note: Shipping via DHL is not available to PO boxes and/ or parcelboxes etc.