Vanguard Audio V13 Tube Condenser Microphone
- 9 polar patterns.
- Robust power supply.
- Transformer-coupled output.
- Heavy-duty metal construction.
- Dual-capsule assembly.
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #46033
- SKU: Vanguard V13
The Vanguard Audio V13 Tube Condenser Microphone is a large-diaphragm multi-pattern valve condenser microphone. Crafted by experts over the course of 2 years, it combines vintage warmth with smooth modern detail. After extensive testing and listening by world-class engineers.
All Vanguard Audio products are designed with an uncompromising standard of excellence. Each step in our development process is tempered by discernment, vast design experience, and thorough research & testing. With over 65 years of experience, in the past our design team has successfully created products used by world-famous artists like Taylor Swift, Robert Plant, and Levon Helm. During design, we send prototypes to some of the best engineers and producers in the business. We find this vetting process to be invaluable to our product development.
Capsule & Electronics
- Custom-voiced, edge-terminated 34mm dual-capsule assembly with 3µm gold-sputtered Mylar diaphragms
- 9 polar patterns (selectable at power supply)
- Vacuum tube analog circuitry with premium-grade components
- Hand-selected European vacuum tube
- Deep-cycle cryogenic treatment of critical signal path components
- Transformer-coupled output – humbucking, shielded, dual-bobbin transformer
- -10dB pad and low-frequency roll-off toggle switches
- Robust power supply design for ultra-low noise floor
- Heavy-duty brass, aluminium, steel, and zinc metal construction
- Rear venting to prolong tube and component life
- Open-weave head basket for low internal reflections and “open-air” voicing
- Each V13 comes with its own laser-engraved serial number
- Over-spec componentry
- Deep-gloss Pinot Noir finish
- Polished nickel trim
- Precision-cast Vanguard badge
- 100% Quality Control
- 5-Year Warranty / 90-day warranty for vacuum tube
|Capsule Size||34mm (dual-capsule)|
|Capsule Diaphragms Thickness||3µm|
|Electronics Type||Valve/Tube, Transformer-Coupled Output|
|Max SPL||134dB (144dB with pad)|
|Equivalent Noise Level||13dB (A-weighted)|
|S/N Ratio||82dB (Ref. 1Pa A-weighted)|
|Output Connector||Male XLR 7-pin gold-plated|
|High-Pass/Rolloff Switch||125Hz (6dB/octave)|
|Finish||Polished nickel trim / High-gloss Pinot Noir|
|Weight (in case)||5.29kg|
|Dimensions (microphone)||208mm long, 50.5mm diameter|
|Dimensions (case)||425mmL x 325mmW x 142mmH|