Audio Technica AT4080 Microphone
- Product: #2604
- SKU: AT4080
The Audio Technica AT4080 active ribbon microphone gives you the unbeatably smooth, natural sound of a great ribbon mic — plus the kind of rock-solid reliability not always associated with a ribbon! Housed in a classically rugged, "suspension cradled" housing that resembles a side-address condenser microphone, the AT4080 flourishes in both studio and live environments. This mic's innovative, robust ribbon design makes it worthy of a long-term spot in your mic locker! Optimized for vocals, acoustic instruments, and orchestral frequency ranges, the fully bidirectional AT4080 is a rock-solid active ribbon performer!
Smooth ribbon sound, advanced performance
Delivering the warm, smooth sound of a classic ribbon microphone, Audio-Technica's handcrafted AT4080 active ribbon microphone offers a robust build for long-lasting, reliable performance and higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamplifiers.
Equally at home in recording studios and live-sound settings, the microphone features Audio-Technica's innovative MicroLinear ribbon imprint, which protects the dual ribbons from lateral flexing and distortion. Audio-Technica's innovative ribbon transducer advances the evolution of ribbon microphone design!
Audio-Technica's 40 series microphones let you capture great sound, and they let you do it the way you want. Designed from the ground up for premium performance, these 40 series mics are also built to keep on performing over the long haul — any of the great mics in this series makes a perfect addition to your mic locker! Best of all, these 40 series mics provide top-shelf A-T quality that's suitable for elite studio facilities — at prices that put them well within your reach!
- Smooth, warm and natural sound for recording, broadcast, and sound-reinforcement applications
- Audio-Technica ribbon design with 18 patents pending including proprietary MicroLinear™ ribbon imprint for superior durability
- Innovative dual ribbon construction for increased sensitivity
- Extremely powerful N50 neodymium magnets for high output level
- Ultrafine mesh guards against ribbon damage
- Classic bidirectional (figure-8) polar pattern picks up sounds equally from the front and back of the element
- High-SPL capability and extended frequency response
- Extended frequency response for natural audio reproduction
- Acoustic baffle system and extra large output transformer provide natural low-frequency response and extended dynamic range
- Handmade production, including ribbon corrugation, imprint and assembly
- Open acoustical environment of the housing assembly minimizes unwanted internal reflections
- Phantom-powered active electronics provide stable impedance and higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamplifiers
- Custom shock mount provides superior isolation
- Polar pattern: Figure-8
- Frequency response: 20Hz-18kHz
- Open circuit sensitivity: -39dB (7.9 mV) dB re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 100 ohms
- Max input sound level: 150dB SPL, 1kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Noise: 22dB SPL
- Dynamic range (typical): Mid - 128dB, 1kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 72dB, 1kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom power requirements: 48V DC, 3.0 mA typical
- Weight: 16.7 oz.
- Dimensions: 6.99" length; 2.10" maximum body diameter
- Output connectors: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Included accessories: AT8449/SV shock mount for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; microphone dust cover; protective carrying case
Australian Shipping Via DHL
DHL offers a great express shipping service to Australia from New Zealand. We are proud to be able to offer express shipping to main cities on the east coast of Australia, within the same timeframe ( If not quicker ) than local Australian courier companies. Prior to the Covid-19 outbreak, service standards for these main centers was overnight. However these services have been impacted greatly, and as such the overnight service has been suspended. Overnight shipping will likely resume once things have returned to normal.
Qualifying main centers include:
Whilst this service is extremely efficient and will likely be delivered within 1-2 days 99.9% of the time, it cannot be guaranteed. In the case where something were to go wrong with your delivery and it doesn’t arrive within the specified time frame, in most cases it will be delivered by the next day.
While not all major cities are eligible for overnight delivery, they still benefit from this great service. Other centers throughout Australia will have a typical delivery ETA of 2-4 days. (Excluding rural delivery address where this ETA can be extended to an additional three or more days).
If you require urgent shipping and you don’t reside in one of the cities stated above, please contact us and we can find a solution that works best for you.
Please Note: Shipping via DHL is not available to PO boxes and/ or parcel boxes etc.