Hoya 58mm Neutral Density (NDX8) 0.9 Filter
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #21160
- SKU: A-58ND8X-GB
The Hoya 58mm Neutral Density (NDX8) 0.9 Filter has several uses and offers the possibility to achieve otherwise unachievable results. ND filters appear gray and reduce the amount of light reaching the film. They have no effect on color balance.
Multi-coated to minimize reflection at the filter surfaces which reduces flare and ghosting.
Neutral Density filters have four main uses. **
- To enable slow shutter speeds to be used, especially with high speed films, to record movement in subjects such as waterfalls, clouds, or cars
- To decrease depth of field by allowing wider apertures to be used, which helps separate subjects from their background
- To decrease the effective ISO of high speed film (above ISO 400) and allow it to be used outdoors in bright situations
- To allow cine and video cameras (which have fixed shutter speeds) to film subjects such as snow, sand or other bright scenes which could cause overexposure
Neutral Density Factors
- 2x = ND.3 (exposure adjustment = 1 stop, reduces ISO 1/2)
- 4x = ND.6 (exposure adjustment = 2 stops, reduces ISO 1/4)
- 8x = ND.9 (exposure adjustment = 3 stops, reduces ISO 1/8)
- As one of the premier filter manufacturers, Hoya filters continue to made from quality glass assuring the photographer clear, sharp and accurate images
- Hoya filters consistently provide even color all the way through the filter; All surfaces are ground and polished to specific thickness and tolerances
||Yes Hoya Multi-Coated (HMC)
||ND filters appear gray and reduce the amount of light reaching the film, they have no affect on color balance
||To use high speed films in bright sun
|Front Filter Thread Size
|Front Lens Cap Size
Australian Shipping Via DHL
DHL now offer a great express shipping service to Australia from New Zealand. We are proud to be able to offer overnight shipping to main cities on the east coast of Australia. These main centers include:
Whilst this service is extremely efficient and will be delivered overnight 99.9% of the time, it cannot be guaranteed. In the case where something were to go wrong with your delivery and it did not arrive overnight, it will most likely be delivered by the next day.
While not all major cities are eligible for overnight delivery, they still benefit from this great service. Other centers throughout Australia will have a typical delivery ETA of 2-4 days. (Excluding rural delivery address where this ETA can be extended to an additional three or more days).
If you require urgent shipping and you don’t reside in one of the cities stated above, please contact us and we can find a solution that works best for you.
Please Note: Shipping via DHL is not available to PO boxes and/ or parcelboxes etc.