While the AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Zoom Lens from Nikon is designed primarily for use with FX-format D-SLR cameras, it's equally at home on any DX-format D-SLR camera. As a standard 5.0x zoom on an FX-format camera body, it's perfect for landscapes, portraits, and weddings - it's an excellent choice for a perfect take-along-everywhere lens. On a DX-format camera, the focal length gets a 1.5x bump that turns it into a formidable longer-range optic with enough wide angle for all but the widest of shots.
- FX-Format Standard Zoom
- VR II Image Stabilization
- Nano Crystal Coat Reduces Flare
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
- M/A Focus Mode Switch
- Internal Focus (IF)
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
Compact and versatile 5X standard zoom lens with f/4 maximum aperture:
- Perfect for landscapes, portraits, weddings and distant subjects offering a constant maximum aperture to maintain exposure settings throughout the entire zoom range and VR II Image Stabilization.
Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization:
- Vibration Reduction, engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens, enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper still images and video capture.
2 Extra-low Dispersion (ED) Elements:
- Offers superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at the widest aperture setting.
M/A Focus Mode Switch:
- Enables quick changes between manual and autofocus operation.
Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM):
- Enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus.
Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm:
- Renders more natural appearance of out-of-focus image areas.
Extended range on Nikon DX-format D-SLR cameras:
- Angle of view is equivalent to a focal length of 36-180mm in FX/35mm format.
Nano Crystal Coat:
- Further reduces ghosting and interior flare across a wide range of wavelengths for even greater image clarity.
3 Aspherical Lens Elements:
- Aspherical lens elements virtually eliminate coma and other types of aberration, even when shooting at the widest available aperture.
Internal Focus (IF):
- Provides fast and quiet autofocus without changing the length of the lens, retaining working distance throughout the focus range.
Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC):
- Enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare.
More information about Nikon Products and Lenses: (Link to Nikon Website)