Nikon SB-700 Speedlight Shoe Mount Flash
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #5311
- SKU: FSA03901
The SB-700 Speedlight Shoe Mount Flash from Nikon is an on-camera flash, designed for use with Nikon DSLR cameras that use the i-TTL metering system. It is compatible with DX and FX sensors, and its power zoom head covers a 24-120mm range when used with an FX camera.
You'll be able to use the strobe directly on your camera via the hot shoe, or wirelessly as a Commander or Remote. Using the flash as a Commander allows you it to take control over other Nikon Speedlights, expanding your creative lighting options. As a Remote, it can be controlled by another Speedlight, or your camera's built-in flash. Its Quick Wireless Mode, with A:B light ratios, allows you to quickly adjust settings on multiple flash units - giving you the ability to control two remote units in i-TTL mode.
It features a dot-matrix LCD control panel with an intuitive layout for easy operation. It derives power from AA batteries - supporting rechargeable NiMH, disposable Alkaline, and disposable Lithium cells. Recycle time is a scant 2.5 seconds when using NiMH, 3 seconds when using Alkaline.
The SB-700's Thermal Cut-Out detection prevents the flash from overheating. It increases the recycling time if the temperature of the flash head crosses a certain threshold, preventing the unit from becoming damaged.
The strobe includes hard plastic-type color filters for fluorescent and incandescent color temperature balancing. When you use these supplied filters, the flash is able to recognize which filter is installed, adjusting the white balance automatically on compatible Nikon DSLR cameras. It also features an AF-assist illuminator lamp, which helps to speed up the autofocus of your camera in low-light situations.
The SB-700 supports three illumination patterns - standard, center-weighted, and even - for use in different shooting situations. Standard mode provides conventional flash coverage. Even mode covers the subject with even light across the entire frame, perfect for group photos where even illumination is desired. Center-weighted mode directs the light to the center of the frame, creating a vignette around your subject that is suitable for portraiture.
Portable, Versatile Speedlight Unit:
- i-TTL Speedlight optimized for use with Nikon's Creative Lighting System (CLS).
Complete Flash Head Positioning Freedom:
- Bounce 90° up and 7° down with 360° rotation elevates creative lighting freedom.
Wireless Flash Control:
- Wireless Commander Mode controls up to 2 remote Speedlight groups and an unlimited number of compatible Speedlights. When used as a remote speedlight up to 3 Groups can be selected. Four wireless channel options help manage wireless conflicts in multi-photographer environments.
Choose From 3 Light Distribution Patterns:
- Using the simple slider switch on the back of the SB-700, you can optimize light quality by selecting Standard for general illumination, Center-weighted for portraits or Even, for groups or interiors.
Color Filter Identification:
- Automatically identifies mounted hard type color filters and adjusts camera white-balance.
Automatic Format Identification:
- Automatically senses the FX or DX-format camera in use and optimizes light distribution.
- Allows uploading of performance enhancement developments.
Nikon's Precision i-TTL Flash Control:
- Delivers precise flash exposures and seamless fill-flash performance-even in challenging lighting situations.
Hot Shoe and Wireless Operation:
- Use on-camera, as a wireless master, commander or remote light source.
Versatile Auto Power Zoom:
- Coverage Smoothly covers lenses as wide as 24mm and up to 120mm in FX-format.
Streamlined Controls and Menus:
- Convenient Rotary Select Dial sets key functions quickly and a prominent Master and Remote control switch simplifies wireless operation.
Flash Tube Overheat Protection:
- To prevent overheating, flash recycle time increases when SB-700 detects heat build-up.
Flash Value (FV) Lock:
- Locks in a specific flash output on the main subject, regardless of aperture, composition or the lens's zoom position.
Drip-Proof Mounting Foot Cover (Water Guard):
- Provides enhanced moisture protection.
More information about Nikon Products: (Link to Nikon Website)
Australian Shipping Via DHL
DHL offers a great express shipping service to Australia from New Zealand. We are proud to be able to offer express shipping to main cities on the east coast of Australia, within the same timeframe ( If not quicker ) than local Australian courier companies. Prior to the Covid-19 outbreak, service standards for these main centers was overnight. However these services have been impacted greatly, and as such the overnight service has been suspended. Overnight shipping will likely resume once things have returned to normal.
Qualifying main centers include:
Whilst this service is extremely efficient and will likely be delivered within 1-2 days 99.9% of the time, it cannot be guaranteed. In the case where something were to go wrong with your delivery and it doesn’t arrive within the specified time frame, in most cases it will be delivered by the next day.
While not all major cities are eligible for overnight delivery, they still benefit from this great service. Other centers throughout Australia will have a typical delivery ETA of 2-4 days. (Excluding rural delivery address where this ETA can be extended to an additional three or more days).
If you require urgent shipping and you don’t reside in one of the cities stated above, please contact us and we can find a solution that works best for you.
Please Note: Shipping via DHL is not available to PO boxes and/ or parcel boxes etc.