- Product: #11562
- SKU: RODNTG2
The Rode NTG-2 is a condenser shotgun microphone designed for professional audio capturing in the field or indoors. With a history of manufacturing quality studio microphones, Rode has implemented low noise output electronics and wide bandwidth, both of which attribute to the NTG-2's broadcast sound quality.
The super-cardioid polar pattern and line plus gradient acoustic principle effectively minimize audio and noise at the off-axis (sides) of the microphone, while the front of the capsule accurately reproduces incoming audio signal. The result is greater intelligibility and signal-to-noise ratio when using the NTG-2 in noisy environments.
The NTG-2 is powered with an internal 1.5V AA size battery or an external +48 Volt phantom power source. The output is a standard 3-pin XLR male connector.
The microphone features a rugged, all metal, lightweight enclosure that is ideal for camera mounting yet durable enough to withstand the rigors of heavy road use. The Rode NTG-2 is packaged with a microphone stand mount and windscreen.
Battery Or Phantom Powered
The Rode NTG-2 can be powered with an internal 1.5V AA battery or external +48V phantom power source.
Super-Cardioid Polar Pattern
The super-cardioid polar pattern and line gradient acoustic principle allow for a narrow pick up pattern at the front of the capsule while minimizing noise at the off-axis sections.
Lightweight Durable Construction
The NTG-2 features a lightweight metal housing that is ideal for camera mounting.
Low Handling Noise
Low noise output electronics provide high signal-to-noise ratio. The NTG-2 is designed to also reduce noise caused by handling, rigid mounting hardware, loose cabling etc.
- 10 Year Warranty
- Microphone Stand Mount
- Zippered Pouch
- Transducer: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Sensitivity: -36.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (15.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 76dB (1kHz rel, 1Pa; per IEC651, IEC268-15)
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 131dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KO load)
- Power Requirements: +48V phantom, 44V to 52V
- Output Impedance: 250O
- Output Connectors: 3-pin XLR balanced
- Pad: No
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: Selectable HPF @ 80Hz/12dB octave
- Dimensions: 10.94 x .87" (278 x 22mm) (Length x Diameter)
- Weight: 5 oz (161g)