The Sennheiser MD46 - Dynamic Cardioid Microphone includes features found in today's interview mics, but with studio quality sound, according to the company. The MD46 has a traditional long handle, wind attenuation and off-axis rejection and is designed to possess an extended high-frequency response, warm lows, and a clean midrange. The company developed the new microphone in response to the needs of NBC and the 2000 Sydney Olympics.
Omni microphones pick up everything equally, including background noise. The MD46 cardioid interview mic focuses on the subject, increasing clarity. Designed to have low handling and wind noise, and to eliminate vocal popping, this microphone gives the ENG team an ideal interview tool.
- Two-ply sound inlet basket provides increased protection from wind and pop noise
- Rugged metal housing
- Rubber mounted capsule ensures low sensitivity to handling noise
- Cardioid pick up pattern ensures excellent speech intelligibility even with high ambient noise levels
- 1 MD 46 Microphone
- Transducer principle (Microphone): dynamic
- Pick-up pattern: cardioid
- Frequency response: 40 - 18 000 Hz
- Sensitivity in free field, no load (1kHz): 2,0 mV/Pa
- Nominal impedance: 350 Ohm
- Min. terminating impedance: 1000 Ohm
- Connector: XLR-3
- Dimensions: 49 x 250 mm
- Weight: 360 g