Shure KSM42 Side-Address Condenser Vocal Microphone
- Large Dual-Diaphragm Capsule Design
- Prethos Advanced Preamplifier Technology
- Cardioid Polar Pattern
- External and Internal Pop Filtering
- Tailored Low-Frequency Roll-Off
- Product: #4148
- SKU: KSM42-SG
Authorised N.Z. SHURE dealer (12-month warranty)
The KSM42/SG Side-Address Condenser Vocal Microphone from Shure is a condenser microphone that features a dual-diaphragm capsule, a tailored frequency response, and extensive pop filtering at the inside and outside of the capsule's grille.
Its Prethos Advanced Preamplifier technology delivers transparent audio quality, and smooth proximity control over an ultra-wide dynamic range. Its cardioid polar pattern minimises off-axis noise and feedback while maintaining a smooth frequency response.
- Highly consistent cardioid polar pattern creates a broad "sweet spot" and natural off-axis response
- Prethos Advanced Preamplifier Technology exhibits extremely low self-noise with superior dynamic range, transient response, and ultra-low distortion for transparent recording
- Dual-diaphragm design with an active front, ultra-thin (2.5 micron), 24-karat gold, low-mass, 1" Mylar diaphragm
- Passive back diaphragm delivers exceptional control of low frequency proximity effect
- Tailored low-frequency roll-off minimises low frequency room noise
- Integrated three-stage mesh grille guards against wind and breath noise
- Open cage ShureLock rubber suspension shock mount with low-profile Popper Stopper magnetic pop filter produces a natural space between performer and microphone
- Extremely low self noise for critical studio vocal recording
- Premium electronic components and gold-plated internal and external connectors
- Durable zinc die-cast housing and hardened low carbon steel grille
- Internal shock mount to reduce unwanted handling and stand noise
|Operating Principle||Pressure Gradient|
|Frequency Range||60 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Equivalent Noise Level||8.5 dB A-Weighted|
|Maximum SPL||139 dB SPL|
|Dynamic Range||131 dB|
|Output Connectors||1 x 3-Pin XLR|
|Operating Current Consumption||6 µA|
|Operating Voltage||11 to 52 V|
Australian Shipping Via DHL
DHL offers a great express shipping service to Australia from New Zealand. We are proud to be able to offer express shipping to main cities on the east coast of Australia, within the same timeframe ( If not quicker ) than local Australian courier companies. Prior to the Covid-19 outbreak, service standards for these main centers was overnight. However these services have been impacted greatly, and as such the overnight service has been suspended. Overnight shipping will likely resume once things have returned to normal.
Qualifying main centers include:
Whilst this service is extremely efficient and will likely be delivered within 1-2 days 99.9% of the time, it cannot be guaranteed. In the case where something were to go wrong with your delivery and it doesn’t arrive within the specified time frame, in most cases it will be delivered by the next day.
While not all major cities are eligible for overnight delivery, they still benefit from this great service. Other centers throughout Australia will have a typical delivery ETA of 2-4 days. (Excluding rural delivery address where this ETA can be extended to an additional three or more days).
If you require urgent shipping and you don’t reside in one of the cities stated above, please contact us and we can find a solution that works best for you.
Please Note: Shipping via DHL is not available to PO boxes and/ or parcel boxes etc.