Shure KSM44A Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphone
- Large Dual-Diaphragm Capsule Design
- Prethos Advanced Preamplifier Technology
- Cardioid, Omni & Bi-Directional Patterns
- Internal Pop Filtering
- Tailored Low-Frequency Roll-Off
- Product: #4170
- SKU: KSM44A-SL
Authorised N.Z. SHURE dealer (12-month warranty)
The KSM44A/SL Side-Address Condenser Vocal Microphone from Shure is a large-diaphragm, side-address condenser microphone with multiple polar pattern options, including cardioid, omnidirectional, and figure-8. The KSM44A features an externally biased, dual 1" diaphragm, extensive internal pop filtering and Prethos Advanced Preamplifier Technology for low self-noise.
- Prethos Advanced Preamplifier Technology provides 4 dB of self-noise and max SPL of 131 dB for a total dynamic range of 127 dB
- Multiple polar patterns including cardioid, omnidirectional and figure-8 for flexibility in a wide variety of recording applications
- Dual, 1" externally biased, ultra-thin, 2.5 μm, 24K gold-layered, low mass diaphragms provide superior transient response
- Class A, discrete, transformerless preamplifier for transparency, extremely wide frequency response and no crossover distortion, minimising harmonic and intermodulation distortions
- Subsonic filter eliminates rumble from mechanical vibration below 17 Hz
- Switchable 15 dB pad for handling extremely high sound pressure levels (SPL)
- 3-position switchable low-frequency filter helps reduce unwanted stand vibration noise or counteract proximity effect
- Integrated three-stage "pop" protection grille reduces plosives and other breath noise
|Operating Principle||Pressure Gradient|
|Polar Pattern||Cardioid, Figure-8, Omnidirectional|
|Frequency Range||20 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||Cardioid: 90 dB
Omnidirectional: 88 dB
Figure 8: 86.5 dB
|Equivalent Noise Level||Cardioid: 4 dB A-Weighted
Omnidirectional: 6 dB A-Weighted
Figure 8: 7.5 dB A-Weighted
|Maximum SPL||Cardioid: 134 dB SPL
Omnidirectional: 140 dB SPL
Figure 8: 139 dB SPL
|Sensitivity||Cardioid: 29.8 mV/Pa at 1 kHz
Omnidirectional: 14.8 mV/Pa at 1 kHz
Figure 8: 16.8 mV/Pa at 1 kHz
|Low-Cut Filter||6 dB/Octave @ 115 Hz
18 dB/Octave @ 80 Hz
|Dynamic Range||Cardioid: 130 dB
Omnidirectional: 134 dB
Figure 8: 131 dB
|Output Connectors||1 x 3-Pin XLR|
|Operating Current Consumption||5.8 µA|
|Operating Voltage||48 V ± 4 V|
Australian Shipping Via DHL
DHL offers a great express shipping service to Australia from New Zealand. We are proud to be able to offer express shipping to main cities on the east coast of Australia, within the same timeframe ( If not quicker ) than local Australian courier companies. Prior to the Covid-19 outbreak, service standards for these main centers was overnight. However these services have been impacted greatly, and as such the overnight service has been suspended. Overnight shipping will likely resume once things have returned to normal.
Qualifying main centers include:
Whilst this service is extremely efficient and will likely be delivered within 1-2 days 99.9% of the time, it cannot be guaranteed. In the case where something were to go wrong with your delivery and it doesn’t arrive within the specified time frame, in most cases it will be delivered by the next day.
While not all major cities are eligible for overnight delivery, they still benefit from this great service. Other centers throughout Australia will have a typical delivery ETA of 2-4 days. (Excluding rural delivery address where this ETA can be extended to an additional three or more days).
If you require urgent shipping and you don’t reside in one of the cities stated above, please contact us and we can find a solution that works best for you.
Please Note: Shipping via DHL is not available to PO boxes and/ or parcel boxes etc.