Shure TwinPlex TL48 Omnidirectional Lavalier Microphone (XLR, Black)
- For Film & TV Production.
- Lightweight and Easy to Conceal.
- Omnidirectional Polar Pattern.
- Consistent Off-Axis Response.
- Mid-Band Boost for Enhanced Clarity.
- Product: #66228
- SKU: TL48BO-XLR-A
Sweat and moisture won't stop your signal when you use the black Shure TwinPlex TL48 Omnidirectional Lavalier Microphone (XLR, Black) omnidirectional lavalier microphone as your transducer of choice. This ultralightweight mic boasts a patent-pending, dual-diaphragm condenser capsule with an omnidirectional polar pattern, yielding full, natural tone and consistent off-axis response along with low self-noise and wide dynamic range. Plus, the paintable fixed frequency cap imparts a mid-frequency boost to enhance speech clarity, and it incorporates an internal hydrophobic woven lining to prevent signal dropouts caused by perspiration, extreme humidity, and precipitation.
The TwinPlex TL48 remains easy to conceal while offering the sonic performance of mics with much larger diaphragms. Its low sensitivity makes it capable of handling high SPLs. The paintable, medical-grade, 1.6mm diameter cable resists kinks, maintains flexibility, and uses a redundant ground for enhanced shielding. The cable end is terminated with a 3-pin XLR connector equipped with a built-in preamplifier. The TwinPlex TL48 includes a bundle of accessories for versatile and secure mounting, and a case for convenient storage and transport.
- Lightweight and easily concealed for use in film and television production applications
- Patent-pending, dual-diaphragm design yields twice the surface area of other subminiature microphones for pristine, natural response, and robust low frequencies
- Mid-band boost accentuates dialogue for clear, articulate speech tonality
- Improved off-axis consistency produces accurate reproduction regardless of vocal source position or movement
- Low self-noise of 24.5 dBA and wide dynamic range of 117.5 dB for cleaner audio production
- Low sensitivity mitigates distortion and contributes to high SPL handling
- Fixed frequency cap with internal hydrophobic woven lining resists sweat and moisture
- Paintable 1.6mm diameter cable resists memory effect and kinks
- Dual-redundant ground in cable serves as secondary shield for longevity
- Includes extensive accessories to ensure quick, easy, and secure mounting with no impact on sound quality
|Operating Principle||Pressure Operated|
|Frequency Range||20 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Maximum SPL||142 dB SPL|
|Sensitivity||-45 dBV/Pa at 1 kHz|
|Dynamic Range||117.5 dB|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||69.5 dB|
|Equivalent Noise Level||24.5 dB A-Weighted|
|Output Connector||3-Pin XLR|
|Cable Length||8' / 2.44 m|
|Operating Voltage||5 V|
|Operating Current Consumption||240 µA|
|Length||0.75" / 19 mm|
|Diameter||0.21" / 5.3 mm|
|Weight||0.42 oz / 12 g|
Australian Shipping Via DHL
DHL now offer a great express shipping service to Australia from New Zealand. We are proud to be able to offer overnight shipping to main cities on the east coast of Australia. These main centers include:
Whilst this service is extremely efficient and will be delivered overnight 99.9% of the time, it cannot be guaranteed. In the case where something were to go wrong with your delivery and it did not arrive overnight, it will most likely be delivered by the next day.
While not all major cities are eligible for overnight delivery, they still benefit from this great service. Other centers throughout Australia will have a typical delivery ETA of 2-4 days. (Excluding rural delivery address where this ETA can be extended to an additional three or more days).
If you require urgent shipping and you don’t reside in one of the cities stated above, please contact us and we can find a solution that works best for you.
Please Note: Shipping via DHL is not available to PO boxes and/ or parcelboxes etc.