The Tiffen #3 Viewing filter is for faster film and video. Balancing lighting by eye is a matter of experience. Decisions can be aided through the use of contrast viewing filters. These are designed to handicap the eye, with its much greater range of apparent densities, to resemble the range of the various types of film.
- Use contrast viewers to judge relative highlight and shadow densities
- There are viewers for black-and-white film, as well as various viewer densities for colour film
- A darker viewer is used for slower film speeds, where you would tend to use brighter lighting; faster film, which can be used in dimmer settings would require a lighter viewer
Tiffen Viewing Filters
- The #1 is for black-and-white imaging
- The #2 viewer is for film speeds to 100
- The #3 is for the faster film; They can be used for video, as well, with the #3 being better suited for lower light levels
- The green #4 viewer is for process photography
- The blue #5 is for blue screen work, as well as for setting up color video monitors
|Filter Factor||Not specified|
|Effect||Judges relative highlight and shadow densities|
|Application||For judging contrast in black and white photography with faster films and video|
|Colour Temperature||Not applicable|
|Front Filter Thread Size||Not applicable|
|Front Lens Cap Size||Not applicable|
Australian Shipping Via DHL
DHL now offer a great express shipping service to Australia from New Zealand. We are proud to be able to offer overnight shipping to main cities on the east coast of Australia. These main centers include:
Whilst this service is extremely efficient and will be delivered overnight 99.9% of the time, it cannot be guaranteed. In the case where something were to go wrong with your delivery and it did not arrive overnight, it will most likely be delivered by the next day.
While not all major cities are eligible for overnight delivery, they still benefit from this great service. Other centers throughout Australia will have a typical delivery ETA of 2-4 days. (Excluding rural delivery address where this ETA can be extended to an additional three or more days).
If you require urgent shipping and you don’t reside in one of the cities stated above, please contact us and we can find a solution that works best for you.
Please Note: Shipping via DHL is not available to PO boxes and/ or parcelboxes etc.