Tiffen 62mm Ultra Contrast 3 Filter
- Useful for Uniform Contrast Reduction
- Helps Balance Highlights and Shadows
- Increases Illumination in Shadows
- Increases Detail in Shadows
- Limits Flare and Halation in Highlights
The Tiffen 62mm Ultra Contrast 3 Filter can be applied to purposely reduce contrast while photographing an image or while recording video. By distributing ambient illumination to darker areas within a scene, this filter is useful in helping to uniformly balance the tonal range among highlights and shadows. The detail is increased within shadow regions while flare and halation around highlights is purposely limited.
This filter has a grade of 3. Grades of 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1, 2, 4, and 5 are also available where this filter type's effect becomes approximately twice as strong with each grade number increase.
This filter is made using ColorCore technology, a process that involves laminating the filter substrate between 2 pieces of optical glass and grinding flat to a tolerance of 1/10,000th of an inch.
- Reduces contrast for photography or while recording video
- Distributes ambient illumination to shadows within a scene
- Helps to uniformly balance the tonal range among highlights and shadows
- Increases shadow detail while limiting flare and halation around highlights
- 62mm front filter threads allow for use with other filters
- Plastic case included for storage and transport
|Reduces contrast within an image or scene; increases shadow detail; limits flare and halation around highlights
|Front Filter Thread Size
|Front Lens Cap Size
In The Box
- Tiffen 62mm Ultra Contrast 3 Filter
- Filter Case
Reviews(no ratings yet)
Give it a quick rating:
Thanks for your rating!
Write a review
- Product: Tiffen 62mm Ultra Contrast 3 Filter
- Manufacturer: Tiffen
- Model: 62UC3
- SKU: 62UC3
- RM Product #: 66243