- Increases Black and White Contrast
- Effect Corresponds to Wratten 23A Filter
- Darkens Blue Tones
- Lightens Red and Orange Tones
- Reduces Haze in Daylight
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #65895
- SKU: 72R23A
Increasing contrast when working in black and white, this 72mm Red 23A Filter from Tiffen is used to noticeably darken cool and blue tones in order to emphasize both shadows and clouds. Offering greater tonal separation than regular yellow and orange contrast filters, the light-red 23A is especially well-suited to producing dramatic outdoor and landscape imagery. There is an approximate 4x filter factor with this filter, requiring an increase of 2 stops for normal exposure.
The filter is constructed using Tiffen's ColorCore technology, which involves lamenting the filter material between two pieces of optical glass, grounding flat to a tolerance of 1/10,000th of an inch, and mounting within an aluminum alloy ring.
- The light-red filter provides the same effect as a Wratten 23A contrast filter, and helps to darken blue tones while lightening warm orange and red tones, when photographing in black and white.
- Commonly used for landscape photography to emphasise and darken blue skies and give clouds more visual depth.
- Filter factor of 4 requires approximately 2 stops of additional exposure to maintain normal results.
- ColorCore technology, which permanently laminates the filter material between two pieces of optical glass, maintains image clarity, accuracy, and consistency.
- Aluminium filter ring is both lightweight and durable.
|Type||Black and white contrast|
|Grade||Equivalent to Wratten 23A|
|Filter Factor||4 (+2 stop)|
|Effect||Increases contrast when shooting with black and white film|
|Front Filter Thread Size||72 mm|
Australian Shipping Via DHL
DHL now offer a great express shipping service to Australia from New Zealand. We are proud to be able to offer overnight shipping to main cities on the east coast of Australia. These main centers include:
Whilst this service is extremely efficient and will be delivered overnight 99.9% of the time, it cannot be guaranteed. In the case where something were to go wrong with your delivery and it did not arrive overnight, it will most likely be delivered by the next day.
While not all major cities are eligible for overnight delivery, they still benefit from this great service. Other centers throughout Australia will have a typical delivery ETA of 2-4 days. (Excluding rural delivery address where this ETA can be extended to an additional three or more days).
If you require urgent shipping and you don’t reside in one of the cities stated above, please contact us and we can find a solution that works best for you.
Please Note: Shipping via DHL is not available to PO boxes and/ or parcelboxes etc.