Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #7952
- SKU: 82ND3
The 82mm Neutral Density (ND) 0.3 Filter from Tiffen has several uses and offer the possibility to achieve otherwise unachievable results. It enables the shooter to adjust exposure without affecting color balance. ND filters appear gray and reduce the amount of light reaching the either the sensor of a digital camera or the film plane of a traditional film camera. Neutral Density filters are used to create some unusual special effects such as capturing the "blur" of the rippling water of a waterfall or the swirling effect of city traffic.
Tiffen's ColorCore glass is produced through a process that entails permanently laminating the filter material in between two pieces of optical glass that are ground flat to tolerances of a ten-thousandth of an inch, then mounting them in precision aluminum rings. Determining which neutral density filter yields ideal results for any given lighting situation takes knowledge, experience and a collection of such filters.
Neutral Density Filters Have Four Main Uses:
- To enable slow shutter speeds to be used, especially with high speed films, to record movement in subjects such as waterfalls, clouds, or cars
- To decrease depth of field by allowing wider apertures to be used, which helps separate subjects from their background
- To decrease the effective ISO of high speed film (above ISO 400) and allow it to be used outdoors in bright situation
- To allow cine and video cameras (which have fixed shutter speeds) to film subjects such as snow, sand or other bright scenes which could cause overexposure
- Tiffen filters are manufactured using ColorCore technology, a closely guarded proprietary process that entails permanently laminating the filter material in between two pieces of optical glass that are ground flat to tolerances of a ten-thousandth of an inch, then mounting them in precision metal rings
- The ColorCore process allows Tiffen to control the color and density of their filters, and the characteristics of special effects filters with much greater accuracy than typical dyed-in-the-mass filters, which usually exhibit color and density variations
- Top Hollywood motion picture studios rely on Tiffen filters for their multimillion-dollar productions Superior quality and design make Tiffen the overwhelming choice of moviemakers, professional photographers and even NASA
- Tiffen has also been awarded an Emmy, from the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, for its engineering excellence
- Tiffen, a leader in the filter industry, proudly makes its filters in the USA and backs up its products with a solid 10-year warranty
Australian Shipping Via DHL
DHL offers a great express shipping service to Australia from New Zealand. We are proud to be able to offer express shipping to main cities on the east coast of Australia, within the same timeframe ( If not quicker ) than local Australian courier companies. Prior to the Covid-19 outbreak, service standards for these main centers was overnight. However these services have been impacted greatly, and as such the overnight service has been suspended. Overnight shipping will likely resume once things have returned to normal.
Qualifying main centers include:
Whilst this service is extremely efficient and will likely be delivered within 1-2 days 99.9% of the time, it cannot be guaranteed. In the case where something were to go wrong with your delivery and it doesn’t arrive within the specified time frame, in most cases it will be delivered by the next day.
While not all major cities are eligible for overnight delivery, they still benefit from this great service. Other centers throughout Australia will have a typical delivery ETA of 2-4 days. (Excluding rural delivery address where this ETA can be extended to an additional three or more days).
If you require urgent shipping and you don’t reside in one of the cities stated above, please contact us and we can find a solution that works best for you.
Please Note: Shipping via DHL is not available to PO boxes and/ or parcel boxes etc.