Tiffen 95mm Coarse Thread, Non-Rotating UltraPol Circular Polarizer Filter
- Circular Polariser Filter
- Enhanced Polarisation Effect
- For Third-Party or Custom Holders
- 4x Filter Factor, +2 Stops
- Helps to Eliminate Reflections and Glare
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #66285
- SKU: W95CUCP
The Tiffen 95mm Coarse Thread, Non-Rotating UltraPol Circular Polariser Filter helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarised due to reflection from a non-metallic surface. The light from the sun naturally becomes partially polarised due to reflecting off electrons in air molecules, causing the light to scatter into what appears as haze. A polarising filter arranges, and filters, this directionally polarised light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of this light. This results in a noticeable reduction of glare and reflections from non-metallic surfaces and an increase in the saturation of skies and foliage.
A circular polarizer only differs from a linear polarizer in that it contains a quarter wave plane in addition to the linear polarising filter. The addition of this quarter wave plane is to circularly polarise the linearly polarised light for the use of autofocus and exposure functions. Due to how the light is broken down and filtered with a linear polariser, autofocus and exposure accuracy become skewed during use. When the light becomes circularly polarised, it permits the use of these functions.
This filter is non-coated, has approximately 40% average light transmission, and is designed to provide a polarization effect that is 15 to 20% greater than other Tiffen filters which only provide a linear or circular polarisation effect and are not UltraPol filters.
The Tiffen 95mm Coarse Thread, Non-Rotating UltraPol Circular Polariser Filter is constructed from Water White glass for increased clarity as well as color fidelity and features an aluminum-alloy filter ring that does not rotate. The intensity of the polarisation effect can be adjusted with the use of third-party or custom filter holders.
- It helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarised due to reflection from a non-metallic surface.
- Polarising filters arrange, and filter, directionally polarised light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of the light.
- Clears up haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated vivid colors.
- It offers a 15 to 20% greater polarisation effect than other Tiffen filters which only provide a linear or circular polarisation effect and are not UltraPol filters.
- Strongest effect when used at a 90° angle from the sun.
- Circular polarizers are ideal for use with digital cameras and autofocus lenses where a linear polarizer will often disrupt auto exposure and focus features.
- Approximately 40% average light transmission.
- 4x filter factor reduces exposure by 2 stops.
- Constructed from Water White glass for increased optical clarity.
- Non-rotating, aluminum-alloy filter ring for durability while remaining lightweight.
- 95mm front filter threads for coarse rear threads allow for use with other filters.
- Polarisation effect intensity can be adjusted with the use of third-party or custom filter holders.
- Padded pouch included for storage and transport.
|Filter Type||Circular Polariser|
|Filter Factor||4 (2 Stop)|
|Circular Size||95 mm|
|Front Accessory Thread / Bayonet||95 mm|
Australian Shipping Via DHL
DHL now offer a great express shipping service to Australia from New Zealand. We are proud to be able to offer overnight shipping to main cities on the east coast of Australia. These main centers include:
Whilst this service is extremely efficient and will be delivered overnight 99.9% of the time, it cannot be guaranteed. In the case where something were to go wrong with your delivery and it did not arrive overnight, it will most likely be delivered by the next day.
While not all major cities are eligible for overnight delivery, they still benefit from this great service. Other centers throughout Australia will have a typical delivery ETA of 2-4 days. (Excluding rural delivery address where this ETA can be extended to an additional three or more days).
If you require urgent shipping and you don’t reside in one of the cities stated above, please contact us and we can find a solution that works best for you.
Please Note: Shipping via DHL is not available to PO boxes and/ or parcelboxes etc.