- High-Definition ED Optical System
- Dielectric & Phase-Corrected Roof Prisms
- Fully Multicoated Optics
- Wide 64.5° Apparent Angle of View
- Argon-Filled Water & Fogproof
- Product: #80561
- SKU: VODB218
Designed to be your go-to optic for long-range/low-light use in wide open and expansive terrain, like the plains of the American West, the Vortex 15x56 Diamondback HD Binocular provides a superior viewing experience by combining well-engineered optics and a wide field of view with a lightweight and durable ergonomic housing.
The oversized extra-low dispersion (ED) high-definition (HD) lenses treated with proprietary multicoatings, and dielectric-coated and phase-corrected roof prisms deliver vivid true-colour images that are bright and crisp across the entire field of view without distortion or colour fringing. The lenses are further treated with ArmorTek coatings that cause water to bead and run off and allow oils and sap to be removed without scratching or leaving residue. This ensures clean and clear lenses for optimum viewing.
Vortex designed the binocular with comfort in mind to minimise user fatigue during long observation. The housing is made from a lightweight and durable magnesium alloy and protective rubber armour wraps the body and provides a slip-resistant grip. Design details like raised dimpled palm pads and underside thumb indentations further improve grip stability and comfort. The housing is argon-filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging in extreme conditions.
Weighing over two pounds, Vortex recommends tripod mounting to eliminate distracting hand shake and arm fatigue that many would experience hand-holding an optic of this size and magnification. To help you mount it, a Uni-Dapter tripod adapter is included. You just need to bring the tripod. To make carrying the Diamondback all day in the field easier, a harness system is included to shift the weight from your neck to your shoulders. A case is also included for additional protection.
- Designed for extreme long-distance and low-light use
- Powerful 15x magnification, allowing detailed observation and identification of distant subjects
- Oversized 56mm objective lenses draw in massive amounts of light to deliver bright views, even in pre-dawn or deep dusk conditions
- Roof prism design produces thinner optical tubes versus traditional Porro designs, maintaining optical performance in an easy-to-hold chassis
- Dielectric and phase-correcting prism coatings provide true colour with improved contrast and transmission
- Extra-low dispersion (ED) HD objective lenses correct chromatic aberrations and fringing to deliver bright and clear high-contrast and high-resolution views with accurate colour representation
- Fully multicoated lenses increase transmission, clarity, and brightness
- Scratch-resistant ArmorTek exterior lens coatings repel oils and corrosive materials from lenses to keep views clear without residue
- Wide 65.4° apparent angle of view helps to offset the appearance of distracting vibration while looking through the eyepieces
- 230' field of view at 1000 yards
Use and Handling
- Short bridge offers a solid and stable platform for the internal focusing mechanism
- Large textured focus wheel is designed to be easy to manipulate, even in cold and wet conditions or while wearing gloves
- 59-76mm interpupillary distance range accommodates users of all sizes
- Twist-up soft rubber eyecups for easy use with or without eyewear
- 15.6mm eye relief improves viewing comfort by reduces eye strain
- 3.7mm exit pupil
- Bridge design exposes more surface area for easier, more comfortable handling
- Lightweight, durable, and corrosion-resistant magnesium alloy chassis
- Protective rubber armour provides a slip-resistant grip
- Argon filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperatures and environmental conditions
- Slim & unobtrusive Uni-Daptor tripod adapter allows the binocular to be mounted on a tripod, while allowing it to stay in place when in the case
- GlassPak binocular harness with case shifts weight from the neck to the shoulders to make carrying the binocular in the field all day more comfortable without fatigue
- Tethered one-piece ocular rainguard and objective lens covers protect the lens surfaces without fear of losing them when using the binocular
|Objective Lens Diameter||56 mm|
|Angle of View||4.4° (Actual)|
|Field of View||230' @ 1000 yd / 76.36 m @ 1000 m|
|Minimum Focus Distance||14' / 4.27 m|
|Exit Pupil Diameter||3.7 mm|
|Eye Relief||15.6 mm|
|Interpupillary Adjustment||59 to 76 mm / 2.3 to 3"|
|Fogproof||Yes, Argon Filled|
|Water Resistance||Waterproof8.03 x|
|Dimensions||7.1 x 5.8" / 114.73 cm|
|Weight||34.8 oz / 987 g|
Australian Shipping Via DHL
DHL offers a great express shipping service to Australia from New Zealand. We are proud to be able to offer express shipping to main cities on the east coast of Australia, within the same timeframe ( If not quicker ) than local Australian courier companies. Prior to the Covid-19 outbreak, service standards for these main centers was overnight. However these services have been impacted greatly, and as such the overnight service has been suspended. Overnight shipping will likely resume once things have returned to normal.
Qualifying main centers include:
Whilst this service is extremely efficient and will likely be delivered within 1-2 days 99.9% of the time, it cannot be guaranteed. In the case where something were to go wrong with your delivery and it doesn’t arrive within the specified time frame, in most cases it will be delivered by the next day.
While not all major cities are eligible for overnight delivery, they still benefit from this great service. Other centers throughout Australia will have a typical delivery ETA of 2-4 days. (Excluding rural delivery address where this ETA can be extended to an additional three or more days).
If you require urgent shipping and you don’t reside in one of the cities stated above, please contact us and we can find a solution that works best for you.
Please Note: Shipping via DHL is not available to PO boxes and/ or parcel boxes etc.